The 74th Annual Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 74th Annual Hunger Games

A place for Capitol Punishment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Day Three - Scavenging

Go down 
+20
Lorene
Cable
Aramid
new bird
Lady Shyka
Foxface
Katniss
Neptune
Gargoyle Geek
shimel
Rue
forehead
Celtic
SweetIrony!
Jennie
jennifer
Dileo33
Spinal
Poker
bad_jon.
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Dileo33
Papas frías
Dileo33

Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 6:06 am

Also, I love the pix in the results of the fallen in the sky. Nice touch.

I knew Holden was macadamia (I mean Stan Lee).

If the first picture is Thresh, I was way off.
Back to top Go down
Rue
Papas frías
Rue

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 9:24 am

Claudius Templesmith wrote:
Also, the Capitol had assumed that the Tributes in this Arena were smart enough to know that we have our own access to google image search and were looking for original photos in this hunt. You may submit whatever you like, but know that preference will be given to those who put a little effort into actually going into the real world and producing creative images of their own.

Plutarch may be able to assist you with putting together an album on the board for display of your images.

Also check twitter.

Oh I can do that, if the Capitol prefers. We have until Sunday, or is it the EOD today?
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 9:29 am

Claudius Templesmith wrote:
Also, the Capitol had assumed that the Tributes in this Arena were smart enough to know that we have our own access to google image search and were looking for original photos in this hunt. You may submit whatever you like, but know that preference will be given to those who put a little effort into actually going into the real world and producing creative images of their own.

Plutarch may be able to assist you with putting together an album on the board for display of your images.

Also check twitter.

How else is one supposed to get a photo of a fictitious bird?
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 9:44 am

Aspen wrote:

Just capture your imagination.
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 10:18 am

Arbor wrote:
Fine by me, less pressure to be forced into common thievery. You did me a favor. Now its up to you and Carr to strip Cato of his sword and his tent. And whomever ends up with that sword will forever be suspected as long as the alliance lynches continue.

I keep harping on this but how are we going to know who has the sword? If I stole it I sure as hell wouldn't announce it to the world. Seems like a hot potato. I'm sure some people even want it.

The sword description says nothing about limited powers for it's new owner. Unfortunately for those in that square, they are going to be suspect unless there's a way to show that Cato died with the sword.
Back to top Go down
Rue
Papas frías
Rue

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 10:31 am

Mockingjay

Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 789e3fd4

I took this while working before the games. I love whistling and singing to them. Grey at the bottom. But a beautiful blue on top. Pretty birds

Berries

Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 39c3b7fe

Last edited by Rue on Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 10:58 am

I need to make sure I get a vote in today. I might not be around much.

!Cato
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:03 am

Arbor wrote:
Also a tip to anyone who uses photobucket - if your image file has your screename in it, this board's censor will change it to a vegetable and you will waste an hour of your day wondering why the image is blocked and still end up on the hunger list for not spending enough time in the thread. #bitter.

How did you resolve this? Others may face a similar obstacle.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:06 am

Quinoa wrote:
I keep harping on this but how are we going to know who has the sword? If I stole it I sure as hell wouldn't announce it to the world. Seems like a hot potato. I'm sure some people even want it.

The sword description says nothing about limited powers for it's new owner. Unfortunately for those in that square, they are going to be suspect unless there's a way to show that Cato died with the sword.

You keep assuming the sword will switch the holders allegiance to the Alliance.

I know that, if I happen to steal it, I wouldn't use it. I'd fear creating more Alliance with the sword while remaining village myself. Spawning more of one's enemies is just about a worst case scenario. I know the score if I don't use it. Much better option, in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:09 am

Rue wrote:
Oh I can do that, if the Capitol prefers. We have until Sunday, or is it the EOD today?

Sunday.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:10 am

Aspen wrote:

These images are meant to be your interpretations. Don't let your peevishly literal brains slow you down.
Back to top Go down
Jennie
Papas frías
Jennie

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:17 am

Catching Fire
Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 J5kNw
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:19 am

There is also the option to host your images in an album on the board. Plutarch can assist anyone who needs instruction.
Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:31 am

My picture for Bluelavia. I see it everyday, in waking life and in dreams.
The overwhelming beauty and power of the Capitol will never be forgotten.

Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Scan_Pic0063-2

Last edited by Cable on Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:45 am

No, I mind very much.
Back to top Go down
Jennie
Papas frías
Jennie

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:46 am

Arbor wrote:
I'm not completely sold on the idea that there is only one alliance. Isn't it possible there is more than one sword out there? Combined resources and two lynches?

The only thing that makes me doubt this possibility is that Cato hasn't tried to sell us on it.

If your feeble minds have yet to realize this on your own, how is it my responsibility to bring it to your attention?

Attention Marvel, let us put aside our grievances and work together to destroy those who wish us harm. I shall either let you live this night and force the weaker tributes to destroy you or I will bring down the full force of my alliance upon your head. The choice is yours.

I find it fitting that the final battle should be between two champions.

I await your reply.
Back to top Go down
Jennie
Papas frías
Jennie

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:48 am

Neptune, I do not fear your wrath. Your tongue insults those who should wish us victorious. Your fate should be left to them for your death is beneath me. Charge at me and you shall be destroyed.
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:50 am

Neptune wrote:
You keep assuming the sword will switch the holders allegiance to the Alliance.

I know that, if I happen to steal it, I wouldn't use it. I'd fear creating more Alliance with the sword while remaining village myself. Spawning more of one's enemies is just about a worst case scenario. I know the score if I don't use it. Much better option, in my eyes.

So, you'll only use it for good? Sounds good. No reason to worry then.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:03 pm

Cato wrote:
Neptune, I do not fear your wrath. Your tongue insults those who should wish us victorious. Your fate should be left to them for your death is beneath me. Charge at me and you shall be destroyed.

Don't you realize I'm already dead unless someone helps me?

I have no reason to fear you.

Also, I think someone used a little white-out on your name, Gato. Quite apt, though, Mr. Pussycat.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:04 pm

Quinoa wrote:
So, you'll only use it for good? Sounds good. No reason to worry then.

No. I wouldn't use it at all.

Its addition by subtraction. We don't need the sword. We need to remove the sword from his possession.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:08 pm

I have confirmed with the gamerunners.

The poison will continue to eat away at my insides unless I am treated with an antidote.

I will still steal from Gato tonight. We cant allow him to exist, specially not at full strength. I'd appreciate it if another player or sponsor could take this sacrifice as a sign of good faith and toss a little antidote my way....
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:20 pm

Neptune wrote:
No. I wouldn't use it at all.

Its addition by subtraction. We don't need the sword. We need to remove the sword from his possession.

I guess my point is that YOU may know what you are going to do, but the rest of us don't know. No sense continuing the debate though. I doubt this is the last time this sword will come up.

If I had an antidote I'd offer it. Any idea how many days you can last?
Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:25 pm

Neptune are you going to be around for a while? I am getting clarification on something.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:26 pm

Quinoa wrote:
If I had an antidote I'd offer it. Any idea how many days you can last?

Yes. Not long.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:27 pm

Cable wrote:
Neptune are you going to be around for a while? I am getting clarification on something.

Yes, I'm working (irl). I'll be off and on until EOD.
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:29 pm

I have something that hungry players might want. Let me know if you have something I might want.
Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:32 pm

I can take all of it away. tent, token, sword. but then it will all be out there for others to steal, as I don't get to keep it. I just yank it from someone.

I've been poisoned, I am more likely to die tonight than you are.
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:38 pm

Arbor wrote:
I'm not completely sold on the idea that there is only one alliance. Isn't it possible there is more than one sword out there? Combined resources and two lynches?

The only thing that makes me doubt this possibility is that Cato hasn't tried to sell us on it.

Two days of multiple "Alliance" lynches right from the word-go makes sense that there's more than one, especially considering the protection on Cato - adding that much daily firepower on top of it would seem like a lot.

Is there someone else who would lend themself to being a bit of a natural gang leader? Has anyone posted the full list of the Careers - would it make sense that more than one of them would lead their own crew against the others?

Last edited by Carr on Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:39 pm

For Bluelavia:

Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 6949344619_8a3281bdfd
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:39 pm

Cable wrote:

Possibly. But are you as handsome?
Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:42 pm

oh, wait i better confirm that. i just assumed they would be laying around.

Edit: yep.

Last edited by Cable on Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:45 pm

Neptune wrote:

Possibly. But are you as handsome?

Not as gorgeous as you are my dear.

Back to top Go down
Albert B
Papas frías
Albert B

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:51 pm

Rue wrote:
Yeah. Carr is safe as I doubt they'd lynch there own. Just caught that. Holden I can see being recruited. Who else? I am almost sure Katniss has to be.

That's all good for today, tomorrow anyone could be part of the alliance again.

Quinoa wrote:
I think that person would have the option of using it.

Cato is sure to try to recruit two people today. We could be looking at full strength mafia, even if he dies. That's how I'm seeing it anyway.

That's the way I read it too. I think the only way to be rid of them is to have kill him with the sword on him. But then there's never going to be a way to figure that out. That being said, we need to take him out and should take anyone out that is on the alliance team. We may have to kill each other in the end, but lets get rid of the alliance people first.

Cable wrote:
I can take all of it away. tent, token, sword. but then it will all be out there for others to steal, as I don't get to keep it. I just yank it from someone.

Neptune didn't die and he was poisoned. Don't think we know how that works yet. And if there is poison, there probably is a cure.
Back to top Go down
Foxface
Papas frías
Foxface

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:52 pm

Fuck you, Cato, for stretching the page. If I hadn't voted for you earlier, I would have voted for you now.
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:54 pm

Didn't someone have an "Antidote" already - it stopped them from BEING poisoned rather than curing someone, but what if it was given to someone who'd been poisoned; I assume it would stop it.

What say you, Quinoa (since IIRC it was you)?
Back to top Go down
Albert B
Papas frías
Albert B

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:56 pm

Carr wrote:
Arbor wrote:

Two days of multiple "Alliance" lynches right from the word-go makes sense that there's more than one, especially considering the protection on Cato - adding that much daily firepower on top of it would seem like a lot.

Is there someone else who would lend themself to being a bit of a natural gang leader? Has anyone posted the full list of the Careers - would it make sense that more than one of them would lead their own crew against the others?

Yea, there might be two alliances. Small three member groups, maybe. And that would explain why there is a chance his targets wouldn't "accept" Cato's invitation to join. You can't be part of two different alliances.

What are the chances that the two alliance we killed and Cato are all the same alliance if there is two? Cato could shed some light on that, if he wants. If we can believe him.
Back to top Go down
Foxface
Papas frías
Foxface

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:58 pm

By the way, this is my picture for the Sponsors. I hope you enjoy it:

Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Tumblr_loqwm87Y0H1qe4pvao1_500
Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 1:00 pm

Carr wrote:

Marvel is one tough dude. Survived the bloodbath at the Cornucopia when few do.

Carrers -

1 -Glimmer Marvel
2-Clove, Cato
4-Cordelia, Neptune

Both of the fours are made up names.

Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 1:04 pm

Cordelia wrote:

Neptune didn't die and he was poisoned. Don't think we know how that works yet. And if there is poison, there probably is a cure.

I'm sure there's a cure.

I was poisoned last night, it will attack me tonight. That doesn't mean I'll be dead tonight, that's true.
Back to top Go down
Albert B
Papas frías
Albert B

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 1:13 pm

Cable wrote:
Cordelia wrote:

I'm sure there's a cure.

I was poisoned last night, it will attack me tonight. That doesn't mean I'll be dead tonight, that's true.

Let's try anyway.

!Cato
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 1:26 pm

1. How do you think your agriculture background in District 10 has made a difference to you in the arena?

If I can stop a rampage of bulls with one word and a glare, there is none on this field that give me pause.

2. Please create a collage of your preferred method of torture to a fellow tribute for the sponsors.

I do not torture. It is torturous enough for most to watch their life pass on to the next harvest of life and know that they will never know the warm embrace of another in this life.

3. If you should win the Hunger Games, what dessert will be found on your victory table?

It would be two servings of pudding, gently layered. One chocolate, one butterscotch. Something simply, sweet, yet complex in flavor.

Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 1:29 pm

Carr wrote:
Didn't someone have an "Antidote" already - it stopped them from BEING poisoned rather than curing someone, but what if it was given to someone who'd been poisoned; I assume it would stop it.

What say you, Quinoa (since IIRC it was you)?

It prevents, doesn't cure. I'm not giving up my token based on a wild theory. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Day Three - Scavenging
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The 74th Annual Hunger Games :: The Hunger Games :: The Arena-
Jump to: