The 74th Annual Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 74th Annual Hunger Games

A place for Capitol Punishment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Day Three - Scavenging

Go down 
+20
Lorene
Cable
Aramid
new bird
Lady Shyka
Foxface
Katniss
Neptune
Gargoyle Geek
shimel
Rue
forehead
Celtic
SweetIrony!
Jennie
jennifer
Dileo33
Spinal
Poker
bad_jon.
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:41 pm

Katniss, just in case you didn't see my edit on the last page:

I just checked my assignment page and my results from yesterday changed. It no longer shows "Blocked". I'd guess that means that you won't see that you were blocked. Maybe they were working the kinks out?
Back to top Go down
Rue
Papas frías
Rue

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:43 pm

Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 300px-Red_mockingjay

Mockingjays they sing pretty.

Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 2925938506_d1e1abfee8_o

Apple bread. From my district.

Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 IMG_7546n

And berries. For Foxface.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:48 pm

Quinoa wrote:
If the sword gets stolen, there will be a new sheriff in town.

What? Would stealing the sword automatically switch that person to Alliance? Or might it just handicap the old sheriff?

If players can refuse to join the Alliance, which we know is true from the public reveal, then surely they aren't force to be Alliance simply for stealing the Alliance's most useful asset?

Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:54 pm

I think that person would have the option of using it.

Cato is sure to try to recruit two people today. We could be looking at full strength mafia, even if he dies. That's how I'm seeing it anyway.
Back to top Go down
Katniss
Papas frías
Katniss

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 10:01 pm

ive been blocked a plenty, then.
Back to top Go down
Rue
Papas frías
Rue

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 10:03 pm

Some on must have blocked her with my slingshot.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 10:04 pm

Apologies, Tributes.

I've been called to a Capitol soiree and simply can't tear myself away.

I'll check back in late in the evening. Enjoy your delay.
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 10:06 pm

Mocking Jay:
Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 MockingJay

Bread:
Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Bread

Berrys:
Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Berries
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 10:07 pm

Katniss wrote:
ive been blocked a plenty, then.

Well at least you look nice. Absolutely glowing actually.
Back to top Go down
Lady Shyka
Gamemaker
Lady Shyka

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 10:19 pm

Hunger Report

Danger: Arbor, Aspen, Clove, Cordelia, Octave

CRITICAL: Aramid, Rush

There are many ways to keep you from starvation.
Those in danger have 48 hours to combat your hunger. If you do not combat your hunger within 24 hours of being in danger, you will be escalated to critical.
Those critical have 24 hours to combat your hunger. If you don’t find a way to combat your hunger within 24 hours of being critical, you will die

Back to top Go down
new bird
Papas frías
new bird

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:13 pm

Tributes, the cannon has fired. Four have died. Gimp, Peeta, Thresh and Holden. Poor souls, they now will be mourned by their Districts and most especially their families. Rest well, for in death there is peace.

And now for the lucky survivors... Well done. The sponsors have chosen their picks for yesterday, but each dawn brings new and exciting chances for all to shine in the Hunger Games show! Be ready to bring your best to the table. Best of luck. Caesar
Back to top Go down
Foxface
Papas frías
Foxface

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:24 pm

That reminds me. You know what is a fun word to yell at the top of your lungs?

PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Back to top Go down
Aramid
Papas frías
Aramid

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:39 pm

Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 District8

Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Bird_vs_bread_bird_vs_bread-s411x307-20966-580

Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Berry-closeup

Boom.
Back to top Go down
new bird
Papas frías
new bird

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:41 pm

Aspen, the fresh air from District 7 must have helped you prepare for your time in the arena. You have survived another day. It is now your turn to answer some questions for the crowd.

1. What experiences from District 7 have prepared you for your time in the arena?

2. If you were able to attack Quinoa, what would you choose to do? Please illustrate what would befall her from your dangerous hands.

3. What seasonal dessert most represents your time in the arena? Why is that?

The clock is ticking, the first act is coming to a close, it is your turn to make the show a success.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:08 am

Due to the wicked tornadoes in Seneca's neck of The Capitol, there were a few mistakes in the Map Results for the day. The Gamemakers do not apologize for this confusion, but ask that you re-examine the map results to be sure you are seeing the most correct results.

If you are missing something or think there may have been other mistakes in the haste of the day or just have any questions, send them to me immediately via PM or post them here. It will be the surest way to ensure I see your quandaries and can respond to them.

May the odds be ever in your favor.
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:11 am

1. What experiences from District 7 have prepared you for your time in the arena? - I am well acclimatized with woods and I can survive in forests very well, as well as just in the wild in general. I have a vast knowledge of the various dangerous plants that may pose a threat to myself or indeed my companion.

2. If you were able to attack Quinoa, what would you choose to do? Please illustrate what would befall her from your dangerous hands. - I would set a serious of tree-based traps, either to kill her or just to tire her out. If she somehow survived those traps then I would be able to saunter up to her and chop her head off with my axe.

3. What seasonal dessert most represents your time in the arena? Why is that? - I'm like a chocolate gateau, I'm style AND substance cheers
Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:12 am

Be safe Seneca!!!
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:23 am

Also...how about those gifts from the sponsors?

Oh, not all of you got gifts? It's a shame you weren't more willing to put on a decent show for the viewers. Each sponsor was given a single gift to give and they chose the Tribute who wowed them the most.

Today, they'll be paying special attention to the wit and content of your posts. They will vote for the top five "highlights" of the day and those five "best posts" will be receiving a gift that will no doubt be helping you survive in this awful place.

Turn your charm on, ladies and gentlemen. The Sponsors ARE WATCHING.
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:25 am

Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Tumblr_lsm4zumY1b1qzabkfo1_500

Commitment to the game.

Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 6-breadart+(1)

Tasty and regal!

Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 DancingBannana

Not only am I being a pedant with banana, you're getting a GIF too!
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:39 am

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Henceforth all travel instructions need to be submitted separately from the other item usages and should be sent to me via PM. They're just getting lost in the bulk of emails. This will guarantee you move where you want to go.

Tell your friends.

Your enemies, too, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Rue
Papas frías
Rue

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:41 am

Thanks Claudius.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:58 am

Also, the Capitol had assumed that the Tributes in this Arena were smart enough to know that we have our own access to google image search and were looking for original photos in this hunt. You may submit whatever you like, but know that preference will be given to those who put a little effort into actually going into the real world and producing creative images of their own.

Plutarch may be able to assist you with putting together an album on the board for display of your images.

Also check twitter.
Back to top Go down
new bird
Papas frías
new bird

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 1:03 am

Rush, my poor, dear fellow. On the first day you had your tongue removed and you haven't been heard from since... I will still ask of you some questions which I hope you will attempt to answer. District 8, it is your turn.

1. As the sun goes down on day two, you have escaped attack but found your way onto the Hunger Report. What do you plan to focus on throughout day 3?

2. You have been given a chance to release your anger of becoming mute on Amp. What do you do?

3. Which winter dessert best soothes your aching orifice?

Some of the best shows do not have any words. It is up to you to make us pay attention.
Back to top Go down
new bird
Papas frías
new bird

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 1:14 am

Aramid is not worth my time. Quinoa, the remaining tribute from District 9, I am now ready to reap some information from you.

1. You had a difficult first go in the arena, however, your bold honesty appears to have saved you for another day. Where did you come by your honest ways?

2. Will you write me a haiku about your time in the arena thus far?

3. What Spring delight do you think would fill me glee?

This show has all seasons, and I am looking forward to the harvest.
Back to top Go down
Lorene
Papas frías
Lorene

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 1:23 am

Four deaths? Delightful! This day was more than adequate as a starting point.

Let the entertainment continue.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:11 am

Claudius Templesmith wrote:
Due to the wicked tornadoes in Seneca's neck of The Capitol, there were a few mistakes in the Map Results for the day. The Gamemakers do not apologize for this confusion, but ask that you re-examine the map results to be sure you are seeing the most correct results.

I was wondering how Arbor had moved. Well, he didn't. Netted.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

What a curious choice of words. Might you be trying to tell us something?
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:13 am

Also...how about those gifts from the sponsors?

The sponsors have shown consistently poor taste.

First, they chose not to volunteer to enter the arena. Such a worthwhile pursuit, yet their judgment lacked.

And now, they overlook the fittest of contestants. I'll survive without their assistance. All the more entertaining, I'd imagine.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:15 am

they'll be paying special attention to the wit and content of your posts.

Wit? Content?

I BRING THE FISH, PEOPLE. Where is my thanks?

I can take a hint. so long....
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:15 am

1. You had a difficult first go in the arena, however, your bold honesty appears to have saved you for another day. Where did you come by your honest ways?

For the citizens of District 9, honesty is not learned behavior. To look upon the endless, golden fields of District 9 is to know Truth as God intended it. For all, except the scoundrel Holden, truth,honesty and integrity are ingrained in our souls.

2. Will you write me a haiku about your time in the arena thus far?

Alone and Afraid
Fight for honor, Fight for fame
Victory awaits

3. What Spring delight do you think would fill me glee?

All varieties of Warm cakes, bread and ale from the freshly harvested winter wheat.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:18 am

Quinoa wrote:

Alone and Afraid
Victory awaits, Neptune the great

I must admit, that does have a nice ring to it.
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:20 am

Counting: Not a strength of District 4.
Back to top Go down
new bird
Papas frías
new bird

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:22 am

Quinoa wrote:
Alone and Afraid
Victory awaits.

I do so hope victory finds you a willing Tribute. Your words I will remember as the days stretch on.
Back to top Go down
new bird
Papas frías
new bird

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:23 am

Neptune wrote:
Quinoa wrote:

Alone and Afraid
Victory awaits, Neptune the great

I must admit, that does have a nice ring to it.

Your quick altering of such fine words does you great favors. Neptune the great indeed.
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:25 am

Caesar Flickerman wrote:
I do so hope victory finds you a willing Tribute. Your words I will remember as the days stretch on.

Caesar, you are a dashing man. I shall bed you when this is all over.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:26 am

Quinoa wrote:
Counting: Not a strength of District 4.

I can count just fine. I simply dont care for predetermined structure in foreign poetry. Its art, right? WHY FORCE ME INTO A MATHEMATICAL BOX?

Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:29 am

Neptune wrote:
I can count just fine. I simply dont care for predetermined structure in foreign poetry. Its art, right? WHY FORCE ME INTO A MATHEMATICAL BOX?

Restrained art is much more appealing than rouge plagiarism.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:30 am

Quinoa wrote:
Restrained art

Is that a pretentious phrase for censorship?

Are you German, by chance?
Back to top Go down
new bird
Papas frías
new bird

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:31 am

Claire, the lovely from District 10. Despite being closely watched and speculated upon you have made it to day three. Do you care to share some insightful information for the sponsors to consider?

1. How do you think your agriculture background in District 10 has made a difference to you in the arena?

2. Please create a collage of your preferred method of torture to a fellow tribute for the sponsors.

3. If you should win the Hunger Games, what dessert will be found on your victory table?

Claire, you are now center stage in our little show. Don’t be afraid to milk it for all it’s worth.
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:36 am

Neptune wrote:
Is that a pretentious phrase for censorship?

Are you German, by chance?

Nein.

I think it's french for "Get off my Kool-Aid mother fucker!"
Back to top Go down
Dileo33
Papas frías
Dileo33

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 5:06 am

Neptune wrote:
I was wondering how Arbor had moved. Well, he didn't. Netted.

Fine by me, less pressure to be forced into common thievery. You did me a favor. Now its up to you and Carr to strip Cato of his sword and his tent. And whomever ends up with that sword will forever be suspected as long as the alliance lynches continue.

This brings me to another thought. I would post it here but apparently quantity over quality is the only way to escape the Hunger Report.

Back to top Go down
Dileo33
Papas frías
Dileo33

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 5:12 am

I'm not completely sold on the idea that there is only one alliance. Isn't it possible there is more than one sword out there? Combined resources and two lynches?

The only thing that makes me doubt this possibility is that Cato hasn't tried to sell us on it.

Back to top Go down
Dileo33
Papas frías
Dileo33

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 5:49 am

Mockingjay

Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Mockingjay12

Bread

Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Bread21

Berries

Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Berries11

Actual photos taken.

Also a tip to anyone who uses photobucket - if your image file has your screename in it, this board's censor will change it to a vegetable and you will waste an hour of your day wondering why the image is blocked and still end up on the hunger list for not spending enough time in the thread. #bitter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Day Three - Scavenging   Day Three - Scavenging - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Day Three - Scavenging
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The 74th Annual Hunger Games :: The Hunger Games :: The Arena-
Jump to: