The 74th Annual Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 74th Annual Hunger Games

A place for Capitol Punishment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling

Go down 
+7
Celtic
s l i t h y
SweetIrony!
Poker
forehead
kelly
Poppycox88
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling   Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 3:58 pm

You met Jericho?!?!?!

How was it? I bet he was awesome right? Did he hit on you guys? I feel like he would have.

Billy Kidman was good he still wrestles on the indy scene and every time I read a message board on a wrestling site everyone talks about how he should still be in the WWE.
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling   Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 3:59 pm

Poppycox88 wrote:
Forehead they do the build up so the fans can interact with what's going on and feel like they have a tiny part in it. it's the same reason that the person on the outside of the ring will try and get the fans to stomp and cheer for his partner in the ring when he's down or in a choke hold.

Best commentary team is without a doubt Heenan and Monsoon and second best is JR and King of course.

Forehead how the hell can you like Bubba Ray? That guy has sucked since he first hit the scene.

Fav 5 of right now

1. Punk
2. Jericho
3. Sheamus
4. Orton
5. Cody Rhodes

Fav 5 of all time (it changes all the time)

1. Shawn Michaels (Best wrestler to ever step in the ring).
2. The Rock (Best mic worker to ever perform).
3. Andre (He was my favorite as a kid growing up and he's an icon).
4. Macho Man Randy Savage (One of the best workers in the business)
5. Mr. Perfect (Just narrowly beat out by Shawn for best in ring wrestler to ever live).

I can understand it to give the wrestler some motivation, but when it's before a finisher, surely everyone would know that's what's coming if they heard/felt the rumbling. I know it's kayfabe, but it's not believable within the fiction.

Do you watch TNA? Since he's become a heel, singles competitor, he's been absolutely amazing. He's gone back to his old ECW gimmick of just being one intimidating, obnoxious, arsehole. And he's amazing at it. He's also shed a tonne of weight. He's without doubt in the best shape of his career. Jericho's in your's? He's awful. Did you see Raw this past week? What awful awfulness. I forgot about Rhodes, mostly cause I keep missing Smackdown(I don't watch it live and then tend to forget about it on Saturday and Sunday cause of soccer and then when Monday comes round, it's Raw time). No Bryan or Ziggler in your five makes me sad.

No point doing a all time five, too many to take into account Razz
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling   Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:02 pm

He was awesome. That first night all he wanted was for all the Lucha Libres to go with him to a strip club with him, but no one wanted to leave the pool table.

I met him again later (he did not remember us) after I had befriended Charles Robinson (little Natche!) and we all (with Dean Malenko, Benoit and Chavo) went to Hooter's. He definitely had better picks of the litter to hit on.
Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling   Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:04 pm

Dude isn't Bubba's new gimmick "hey look at my calves"? Yeah I can tell that he's totally going places. The dude has no talent and it's a shame that TNA is investing so much into him when they have some really good talent over there.

Speaking of really good talent I'm also going to the ROH show the Saturday before Wrestlemania (before I go to the hall of fame that night). I can't wait to see Jay Lethal live. I loved his Black Machismo stuff and he's great in the ring.

Jericho is and always will be one of the best wrestlers of all time Forehead. He hasn't done much since his return but every time he's in the ring he is amazing and thus deserves a top spot.

Ziggler is pissing me off, he needs to shit or get off the fucking pot already. I'm tired of him at this point. I hate Bryan and always will, I know he's an indy darling and I should love him but I can't do it man. He's horrible in every way imaginable (except for his actual wrestling ability).
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling   Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:05 pm

poppy, Honky Tonk Man will be there, too! That lineup is so awesome.

Did we know you are in Miami?
Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling   Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:06 pm

kelly wrote:
He was awesome. That first night all he wanted was for all the Lucha Libres to go with him to a strip club with him, but no one wanted to leave the pool table.

I met him again later (he did not remember us) after I had befriended Charles Robinson (little Natche!) and we all (with Dean Malenko, Benoit and Chavo) went to Hooter's. He definitely had better picks of the litter to hit on.

You have the best stories Kelly! I would have killed to hang out with Jericho (still would actually). My only hope is that he eventually goes to a local FCW show for WWE or something and I get to talk to him there. Or I guess I could stalk him at Wrestlemania but I'll hold myself back.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling   Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:06 pm

Jericho has worked his ASS of in this business for YEARS. I agree that he is definitely one of the very best. I mean, all he did for years was fly around with Mysterio -- there's NOTHING wrong with that upbringing.

WAIT, POPPY, YOU ARE GOING TO THE HALL OF FAME, TOO?!?!

Seriously, so jealous.
Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling   Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:08 pm

kelly wrote:
poppy, Honky Tonk Man will be there, too! That lineup is so awesome.

Did we know you are in Miami?

I'm not actually in Miami, I'm about two hours north of Miami but since Wrestlemania is in Miami this year I couldn't pass up. I have a whole wrestling weekend planned.

Saturday is the Ring of Honor show followed by the hall of fame (they're inducting the four horsemen, Edge, Ron Simmons, Mike Tyson, Mil Mascaras, and I believe Yokozuna).

Then on Sunday is the WrestleReunion followed by Wrestlemania.

I may try to fit in the WWE Fan Access too if I can find the time.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling   Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:09 pm

I'm going to see if I can scan all of my pictures tonight. I need to get them digital anyway so I can tell my granddogs all about the time Dean Malenko made me feel like he could kill me with his eyes. Over hot wings.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling   Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:09 pm

Which Horsemen? Please say Arn and Tully are getting the love.
Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling   Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:11 pm

kelly wrote:
Which Horsemen? Please say Arn and Tully are getting the love.

Ric (this is actually his second induction. I was also at his first induction too.)
Arn
Tully
and Windham I believe.

Vince supposedly offered it to Ole but he turned it down because he's a douche.
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling   Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:07 pm

Poppycox88 wrote:
Dude isn't Bubba's new gimmick "hey look at my calves"? Yeah I can tell that he's totally going places. The dude has no talent and it's a shame that TNA is investing so much into him when they have some really good talent over there.

Speaking of really good talent I'm also going to the ROH show the Saturday before Wrestlemania (before I go to the hall of fame that night). I can't wait to see Jay Lethal live. I loved his Black Machismo stuff and he's great in the ring.

Jericho is and always will be one of the best wrestlers of all time Forehead. He hasn't done much since his return but every time he's in the ring he is amazing and thus deserves a top spot.

Ziggler is pissing me off, he needs to shit or get off the fucking pot already. I'm tired of him at this point. I hate Bryan and always will, I know he's an indy darling and I should love him but I can't do it man. He's horrible in every way imaginable (except for his actual wrestling ability).

Yeah, that's a bit shit. But he's still got the bully gimmick which he rocks so well. No talent? You have Orton is your top five! He's a tonne better on the mic than Orton's shit, poor intimidation attempt, at least Bubba isn't trying to be Triple H, yeah fuck you Orton, I know your schtick. And rather they push Bubba that push Sting Head to the Brick wa (I guess brick wall will need to do when I'm facepalming)

Yeah, I love Jay Lethal. That and the Ric Flair impressions he did were so great. A couple of the lines he got on Flair almost made Ric break kayfabe they were so good. Another reason why I hate Bischoff and Hogan.

He hasn't been anything special since he's returned, in or out of the ring. He's not better than Punk, Bryan or Ziggler in the ring(at the moment). With WWE struggling to build stars then they should've had Ziggler beat Punk at Mania, that'd make them another star. What do you mean shit or get off the pot(I know the phrase but I'm not sure what him shitting would be). He's done everything right, on his part. He's phenomenal in the ring and has been improving with every segment he does. The only things he hasn't done is lost Vicki or won the WWE championship, two things that aren't in his control and are entirely in creative. Horrible? He's vastly improving on the mic since he's won the title. They need to move him to Raw though, he can't compete with the likes of Show, Henry or Sheamus in size and it's hurting both him and his opponents.

kelly wrote:
Jericho has worked his ASS of in this business for YEARS. I agree that he is definitely one of the very best. I mean, all he did for years was fly around with Mysterio -- there's NOTHING wrong with that upbringing.

WAIT, POPPY, YOU ARE GOING TO THE HALL OF FAME, TOO?!?!

Seriously, so jealous.

Perhaps, before he left. But in the past year or so he's sold out. The whole band thing. The hosting and participating in game shows, regularly. He's a sellout who does not deserve to be in the main event of the biggest show of the year when there's others on the roster who've been working week in, week out since the last Mania.

Poppycox88 wrote:
Ric (this is actually his second induction. I was also at his first induction too.)

WOOOOO. cheers Longest line.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling   Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:10 pm

You crazy, forehead. Jericho is the tops and deserves everything great for the YEARS on YEARS on YEARS on YEARS he gave this business.

If he wants to sit on Family Fued too, who the hell cares.

AND YOU BLASPHEME STING, TOO?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
Rue
Papas frías
Rue

PostSubject: Re: Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling   Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:13 pm

kelly wrote:
You crazy, forehead. Jericho is the tops and deserves everything great for the YEARS on YEARS on YEARS on YEARS he gave this business.

This.
Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling   Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:18 pm

Forehead have you read either of Jericho's books? He had two goals in life one was to be a professional wrestler and the second was to be a rock star. To say that he's selling out by following one of his dreams is bullshit. You want to say Jericho is holding back other people from being on the show? How? He left for a long time man he gave those other fuckers a chance to earn their spot at Wrestlemania but you know what? They couldn't do it. You say Ziggler should be going up against Punk at Wrestlemania but why? He's not great on the mic, he has the same fucking gimmick that Cody Rhodes has and Rhodes does it better. He thinks he's Mr. Perfect but neither his mic skills nor his skills in the ring show that. On top of all that the only reason he's anything is because he gets cheap heat from Vickie which is fucking weak sauce. The dude is decent in the ring but he's far from being the main eventer that everyone seems to want him to be. I will bet you anything that by this time next year he's still stuck in the fucking tag team division (with that loser Swagger).

You think Bully Ray is better on the Mic than Orton? Bully fucking Ray that made a career out of yelling "get the table"? All he does is come out and yell about how he's bigger than blah blah blah and will blah blah blah nobody fucking cares. He's past his prime and his prime wasn't even that good. You can't even begin to believe he's better in the ring than Orton though right? Like you at least admit that his wrestling skills are nowhere near Orton's?

Bryan is a fine in ring competitor but he has no business carrying Smackdown. He's not believable against anyone he goes up against and will no doubt drop the belt to Sheamus at WM. You think he should move to Raw? Do you want him to ever be at the top tier again after he drops the belt? Raw has too much talent on it already and if he gets moved to that show he'll flounder in the midcard until he's future endeavored with Santino when the time comes.
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling   Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:20 pm

kelly wrote:

You have to prove that you're the best if you want to remain there. When he retires, sure, I'll happily give him the plaudits he's earned through his career in ECW and WWF/E(I didn't watch WCW) but if he's in the WWE main title picture then I'm gonna slaughter him if he's not performing to the bar he's set.

Sting is fucking past it. I'm not gonna pretend like I know the first thing about his career, he was in WCW only(in terms of the big three of the time) and as I said, I didn't watch it nor have I went back and watched as much of that as I have ECW or WWF but he's still in the main picture of TNA(another company) when he shouldn't be. There's a tonne of guys who should be getting that tv time. If Poppy thinks that Bubba is undeserving of the spotlight then I can't imagine how he feels about Sting getting it. (he'll probably disagree with me here, such is the trend of this and the comics thread Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling   Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:25 pm

I agree with Forehead on Sting being in the main picture on TNA. He'd be fine here and there but he's always getting so much air time and don't get me wrong I was the HUGEST sting fan in existence when I was younger and still respect the fuck out of that man but he needs to be more of a mentor role helping the younger guys get over. He doesn't need to be a 9 time TNA champ or anything like that. He's a legend and he will always be remembered as one of the greats so he doesn't need the belts or anything anymore. Give the time to the new age of wrestlers and only come out once a year if you want to wrestle.

I thought Sting was the chairman or something now? Is he still wrestling?
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling   Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:28 pm

HE WAS THE NWA, FOREHEAD.

I rented historical wrestling books from the library all the time when I was a kid. Do that, forehead. Do it NOW.

You have to know NWA history.

Does Sting still wear face paint? Is Lex Luger still his best buddy? Will someone please tell me when you know he will be on TV next so I can watch? I haven't seen him since the decline of the WCW : (

: (

love you, sting.
Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling   Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:31 pm

I've tried to get Forehead to go back and do things Kelly the kid won't do it!

Sting still wears face paint most of the time but sometimes he goes without it. Lex Luger is no longer on tv but he will be at Wrestlereunion on Saturday.

Kelly if you have Spike tv you can watch him tonight on TNA. It'll be on at 8 or 9 I believe.
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling   Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:35 pm

Poppycox88 wrote:
I thought Sting was the chairman or something now? Is he still wrestling?

He's basically the general manager. And the TNA champ is (heel) Bobby Roode who keeps sneaking his way to victory(he had Bubba attack either Storm or Hardy to retain by DQ. Then Angle did it against Hardy as well. Then at the last PPV it was a fourway between Roode, Storm, Bubba and Hardy. I think two refs got knocked out and Sting took charge as the ref, Roode was about to hit Hardy with the title, Sting took it off him, Roode spat on Sting and then Sting missed Roode with the title and hit Hardy. Sting begrudingly counted as Roode retained - Summerslam 94 ending?) Then like two weeks ago, Roode beat up Sting and he said he was "done". The next week he came out(it was built up like he was retiring) but then he came out and said he was done playing games and that he was facing Roode at Victory Road, not for the title, but he's still taking up the main event in a PPV.

kelly wrote:
HE WAS THE NWA, FOREHEAD.

I rented historical wrestling books from the library all the time when I was a kid. Do that, forehead. Do it NOW.

You have to know NWA history.

Does Sting still wear face paint? Is Lex Luger still his best buddy? Will someone please tell me when you know he will be on TV next so I can watch? I haven't seen him since the decline of the WCW : (

: (

love you, sting.

Yeah, "was" being the keyword. He shouldn't be in the main event of a wrestling PPV.

Yeah, he still wears face paint. Leg Luger isn't in TNA so I have no idea. Wherever he is, I hope he's got a t-shirt that isn't too small for him though. I'm about a week behind on it. But it's on tonight on Spike. Probably 8 or 9 EST, I dunno, you'll need to check your tv schedule.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling   Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:37 pm

Before the internet, I spent probably 10-12 hours trying to find a picture of Sting without makeup. I watched some awful movie he was in (right before he became a born-again) just to see his cute little face. I barely remember it (his face, or the movie.)

This is as close as I got to ole' Lex (before he killed Elizabeth)

Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 CCI00011
Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling   Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:39 pm

Why is he passed out? Kelly did you drug Lex Luger!!!?!?!????! Where is he Kelly? What have you done with him? lol
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling   Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:40 pm

haha, I happened to be outside when he was doing one of those "oh no, I got attacked walking into the arena!" pre-show shots.
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling   Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:51 pm

Poppycox88 wrote:
Forehead have you read either of Jericho's books? He had two goals in life one was to be a professional wrestler and the second was to be a rock star. To say that he's selling out by following one of his dreams is bullshit. You want to say Jericho is holding back other people from being on the show? How? He left for a long time man he gave those other fuckers a chance to earn their spot at Wrestlemania but you know what? They couldn't do it. You say Ziggler should be going up against Punk at Wrestlemania but why? He's not great on the mic, he has the same fucking gimmick that Cody Rhodes has and Rhodes does it better. He thinks he's Mr. Perfect but neither his mic skills nor his skills in the ring show that. On top of all that the only reason he's anything is because he gets cheap heat from Vickie which is fucking weak sauce. The dude is decent in the ring but he's far from being the main eventer that everyone seems to want him to be. I will bet you anything that by this time next year he's still stuck in the fucking tag team division (with that loser Swagger).

You think Bully Ray is better on the Mic than Orton? Bully fucking Ray that made a career out of yelling "get the table"? All he does is come out and yell about how he's bigger than blah blah blah and will blah blah blah nobody fucking cares. He's past his prime and his prime wasn't even that good. You can't even begin to believe he's better in the ring than Orton though right? Like you at least admit that his wrestling skills are nowhere near Orton's?

Bryan is a fine in ring competitor but he has no business carrying Smackdown. He's not believable against anyone he goes up against and will no doubt drop the belt to Sheamus at WM. You think he should move to Raw? Do you want him to ever be at the top tier again after he drops the belt? Raw has too much talent on it already and if he gets moved to that show he'll flounder in the midcard until he's future endeavored with Santino when the time comes.

No, I've not read his books. What about the gameshows? I think you know fine well that that's not how it works. Perhaps me saying him holding them back is unfair on him, but his presence there is certainly holding them back. He's improving fastly than he was last year, like the debate they did, he was great! Ziggler is better in the ring than Rhodes. I don't think you can say that it's Rhodes's gimmick, they're both just arrogant heels. Ziggler is all about showing off, whereas Rhodes thinks he's extremely good looking. If he is then that'll be another one that WWE have let go away. At least we can both agree that Swagger is fucking awful, on a side note, someone tried to argue that Swagger was as good as Bryan(all round). I almost wet myself it was that good.

Yeah, while he was in a tag team but since he's gone into the singles divison, he's been great. He gets a good amount of heat and knows how to generate it. Orton does absolutely nothing for me. No, Orton's better but that's purely just through mobility. Orton is still pretty bad in the ring. His entire moveset is based around like 5 moves (the running powerslam, the ddt off the ropes, the punt and the RKO. That's four, I couldn't even come up with a fifth. Not to mention that the ddt is often so forced, like he'll actually push them out of the ropes only to drag them back in)

That's not Bryan's fault, that's because the roster is split in such a way that all the 300 pound plus and 6 footers are all on Smackdown. Who's above him on Raw? Punk, Ziggler, Cena and Jericho. Move him to Raw and turn him face since you've only got Cena and Punk there. Again, if they fire him then they'll have dropped the ball like they did with Low Ki.

Poppycox88 wrote:
I've tried to get Forehead to go back and do things Kelly the kid won't do it!

Sting still wears face paint most of the time but sometimes he goes without it. Lex Luger is no longer on tv but he will be at Wrestlereunion on Saturday.

Kelly if you have Spike tv you can watch him tonight on TNA. It'll be on at 8 or 9 I believe.

I don't have enough time! If you get me either Bernard's Watch or the wee time thing from Harry Potter then I'll read all the comics and wrestling you recommend, but I don't have the time. I might be able to do some in the first two weeks of April as it's my Easter break so I don't have classes, but I'll need to be studying during that time affraid
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling   Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:53 pm

kelly wrote:
Before the internet, I spent probably 10-12 hours trying to find a picture of Sting without makeup. I watched some awful movie he was in (right before he became a born-again) just to see his cute little face. I barely remember it (his face, or the movie.)

Just on the internet on in your personal files? I just got one in the second image in the Google search of "Steve Borden"(his real name).
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling   Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:54 pm

I SAID BEFORE THE INTERNET.

Remember, I am old.
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling   Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 6:10 pm

kelly wrote:

Remember, I am old.

Sorry, I didn't see that. Thought you meant just now. I did wonder how popular his facepaint must be that you could spend more than twenty minutes trying to find a non-facepaint one and not succeed.
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling   Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 7:18 pm

Poppycox88 wrote:

5. Mr. Perfect (Just narrowly beat out by Shawn for best in ring wrestler to ever live).

Okay...wait, wait, wait.

You slide Mr. Perfect in there and leave off the Excellence of Execution? Did you hit your head?

I like Perfect, but if you have him and Shawn Michaels in there, there is no way you leave The Hitman off the list.

Do you remember the 60 minute Iron Man match with Michaels and Hart? Hart opened up the title to the smaller guys.

You watch the WWE Greatest Rivalries DVD with Michaels and Hart and then tell me if your top 5 doesn't change. Shawn is good, I'd probably have him finish off my top 5.

Like:

Bret
The Rock
Hulk Hogan (not for his moves, but how he ignited an arena when he came out back in the day)
Macho
Shawn

Back to top Go down
Emlyn
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling   Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 7:22 pm

kelly wrote:

Remember, I am old.

Wrong! Please smite yourself for me.
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling   Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 7:34 pm

I actually have an arms reach story.

My father was in the Navy and when he got out he took a position in the Department of National Defense. They would fly him around to government offices and contractor sites to approve, uh, things that they were building, repairing, etc for our military.

He got on a flight sometime around 1990 going to Newfoundland. My father was a fair sized fellow. In his prime about 6'4" and 240lbs or so. Anyway, not too often would he get on a plane and see guys his own size. Let alone over half a dozen, most of which with long hair.

He said was seated next to a barrel chested blond guy, who was real friendly. He chatted with him for a bit and one other guy came by and talked to them and so one. It's only a short flight, but my Dad got to spend about an hour chatting with Curt Hennig as well as Ted Dibiase, Jake Roberts and Rick Rude, plus a couple other guys I can't recall. He said they were great guys.

Warrior was also on the flight, but kept completely to himself. Curt was introducing the other wrestlers to him, because my dad was like, "My kid would be thrilled to meet you guys. I can't wait to tell him."

Not one autograph though. My dad would never ask.

Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling   Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 7:39 pm

Poppycox88 wrote:
Lex Luger is no longer on tv but he will be at Wrestlereunion on Saturday.

I had no idea Lex Luger was back in with the WWE:

Quote :
In 2011, Luger began working again with WWE on their Wellness Policy. In regards to this role he stated:

“I actually work behind the scenes with them now again and with their wellness club. I council a lot of their athletes on nutrition, wellness, exercise, and taking care of their bodies. That’s another thing that WWE is being very proactive now with the Wellness Department and really train these guys with health and nutrition and drug prevention. We’re trying to prevent the young guys, this young generation of guys from going down the same path as we did back in the '80s and '90s.”
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling   Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 7:40 pm

I understand this thread less than any other.
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling   Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 7:54 pm

Poker wrote:
Poppycox88 wrote:

Quote :
In 2011, Luger began working again with WWE on their Wellness Policy. In regards to this role he stated:

“I actually work behind the scenes with them now again and with their wellness club. I council a lot of their athletes on nutrition, wellness, exercise, and taking care of their bodies. That’s another thing that WWE is being very proactive now with the Wellness Department and really train these guys with health and nutrition and drug prevention. We’re trying to prevent the young guys, this young generation of guys from going down the same path as we did back in the '80s and '90s.”

Fucking hell, Lex Luger involved in enforcing drug policies!
Back to top Go down
Albert B
Papas frías
Albert B

PostSubject: Re: Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling   Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 8:05 pm

kelly wrote:

I'll fill out the survey later, but I have to say that I've always loved the wrestlers that could get in front of the crowd and cut a good promo and then get in the ring and put on a good show. That's why Jericho has always been one of my favorites. He could get on the mic being damn funny and entertaining. Then he'd get in the ring and give you a match that was super fun to watch. Jericho has always been pretty close to the top for me (this from his wcw days, I didn't follow much after the merger). I've always loved Brett Hart too, even back in the 80s when he was running around with Jim Neidhardt and Jimmy Hart.
Back to top Go down
Albert B
Papas frías
Albert B

PostSubject: Re: Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling   Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 8:06 pm

Poker wrote:
Poppycox88 wrote:

Quote :

I really thought Lex Luger was dead.
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling   Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 8:14 pm

Albert B wrote:
I really thought Lex Luger was dead.

Me too. I thought Poppy was mistaken about him being at Wrestlereunion. I went to look for the proof and found that and a few other places talking about him recently and couldn't find one story of his death.

Weird, eh?

Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling   Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 8:49 pm

Poker wrote:
Poppycox88 wrote:

Okay...wait, wait, wait.

You slide Mr. Perfect in there and leave off the Excellence of Execution? Did you hit your head?

I like Perfect, but if you have him and Shawn Michaels in there, there is no way you leave The Hitman off the list.

Do you remember the 60 minute Iron Man match with Michaels and Hart? Hart opened up the title to the smaller guys.

You watch the WWE Greatest Rivalries DVD with Michaels and Hart and then tell me if your top 5 doesn't change. Shawn is good, I'd probably have him finish off my top 5.

Like:

Bret
The Rock
Hulk Hogan (not for his moves, but how he ignited an arena when he came out back in the day)
Macho
Shawn

Have you seen any of Shawn's matches after he came back from his back injuries? The dude is a fucking machine and should be the top of everyone's list. Do yourself a favor and find the two Shawn vs. Taker wrestlemania matches. They rank among the best matches ever performed I'd even put them in the same league as Macho Man vs. Ricky Steamboat.

Bret Hart is a fine wrestler and I'm sure a great guy but I never clicked with him. He's great in the ring but I always hated him (I was pro Shawn which meant anti Bret). Also I've seen the greatest rivals DVD (and all WWE DVDs) it still doesn't change my opinion. Bret is a better mat technician but overall Shawn is a far better performer that could go the distance from day 1. Seriously though go watch some of Shawn's later stuff he was even better than he was back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling   Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poppycox's rock 'n' wrestling
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The 74th Annual Hunger Games :: The Board :: The Gathering Hole-
Jump to: