The 74th Annual Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 74th Annual Hunger Games

A place for Capitol Punishment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RW/RR Challenge

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

RW/RR Challenge Empty
PostSubject: RW/RR Challenge   RW/RR Challenge Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:29 pm

Yes, this deserves it own thread.

I'm ready to discuss, kellly. Sorry for the delay (got soaked out on the water today).
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

RW/RR Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: RW/RR Challenge   RW/RR Challenge Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:46 pm

Oh, poor you.

I know we talk a lot about how unfair some of the competitions can be, BUT COOOOMEEEE OOOONNNNN. A - what - 73 lb girl IN FRONT OF JET WIND? That was impossible for them. Bananas was so sweet to her, too.

I guess for the first time in the history of my life, I will be pulling against Mark Long.

: (
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

RW/RR Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: RW/RR Challenge   RW/RR Challenge Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:47 pm

But, if I were Diem, I would have totally tried to get Emily out. Unless they keep thinking Ty will just run out of steam on the finale (totally possible).
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

RW/RR Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: RW/RR Challenge   RW/RR Challenge Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:54 pm

I agree it wasn't the fairest of challenges. But, to be fair, they also didn't approach it all that intelligently. Its obvious, for example, the the closer you stand to the engine, the stronger the wind will be. The higher you stand? The more likely you are to topple. The larger the object you carry? The more air it will catch, meaning more resistance.

It should have taken them 5 seconds to realize the girls would be best off carrying small objects, staying low, and staying furthest from the engine (behind the guy, if at all possible).

I don't feel all that sympathetic....that challenged looked like a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

RW/RR Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: RW/RR Challenge   RW/RR Challenge Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:58 pm

And, yea, I think CT and Diem made some horrendous decisions.

She was afraid of Paula and Dunbar? Seriously? Stupid.

And the upshot of sending in Paula/Dunbar? You HAVE to win or you're in the next Dome. Stupid situation to put themselves in.

Diem is really rubbing me the wrong way......I remember when she first came on the scene, she was paired with Derrick, and she forced him to betray his alliance and throw in Theo, and that ended up backfiring (somehow, dont remember) and costing them. And now she is constantly restraining CT. She plays passively, trying not to lose. It irks me.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

RW/RR Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: RW/RR Challenge   RW/RR Challenge Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:00 pm

I would have gone Ty/Emily as well, simply because I think Robin would be an anchor on a long final challenge......but I don't really blame them too much. In the end, Ty/Emily did earn it more, and I can see CT wanting to reward that (after all the times he wasn't allowed to make it to the final after having "earned it" in his eyes). And I'm sure CT is expecting Ty to be gassed early, as endurance has been his obvious problem on past shows.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

RW/RR Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: RW/RR Challenge   RW/RR Challenge Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:03 pm

kelly wrote:
Bananas was so sweet to her, too.

As for this, Bananas basically admitted on the after show that they've been hooking up throughout this challenge....and on an earlier after show, Cara Maria let it slip that Johnny took her v-card....so yea, he's gonna be sweet.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

RW/RR Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: RW/RR Challenge   RW/RR Challenge Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:03 pm

I don't know why they didn't just get close to those tall weeds to carry everything across?

Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

RW/RR Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: RW/RR Challenge   RW/RR Challenge Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:04 pm

Neptune wrote:
kelly wrote:
Bananas was so sweet to her, too.

As for this, Bananas basically admitted on the after show that they've been hooking up throughout this challenge....and on an earlier after show, Cara Maria let it slip that Johnny took her v-card....so yea, he's gonna be sweet.

WHAT

Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

RW/RR Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: RW/RR Challenge   RW/RR Challenge Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:14 pm

I admit, I got a tiny tear when Robin started tiny tear-ing about how the jets reminded her of hurricanes.

I'm as batshit crazy as she is, aren't I
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

RW/RR Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: RW/RR Challenge   RW/RR Challenge Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:42 pm

kelly wrote:

WHAT

Yup.

Pretty much my reaction.

Cara Maria said it matter-of-factly, and Paula/Ty/Leroy almost fell out of their chairs (because she said it, not because it isnt true).
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

RW/RR Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: RW/RR Challenge   RW/RR Challenge Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:43 pm

kelly wrote:
I'm as batshit crazy as she is, aren't I

Negative.

Robin isn't crazy because she doesn't make sense (she often does), she is crazy because she is overly emotional and always chooses the teary road.
Back to top Go down
shimel
Papas frías

RW/RR Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: RW/RR Challenge   RW/RR Challenge Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:45 am

I'll go back and read comments after I finish the ep (just saw who won the challenge). I can't believe that CT is the only one who thought to stack...that was the first thing I thought when TJ described it...and I was surprised at who won (of the two teams), just based on the times they put up for finishing the pre-parachute leg.

Also, I didn't get why TJ felt the decision for the last dome was so dumb or why it would mean they'd be going in automatically. I would've picked the best team to face Ty and Emily (ie - Johnny and Camilla), and I thought it was dumb that they didn't (and that Diem thought Dunbar/Paula were something to worry about) but I don't see why it would guarantee they'd go in (ie - if Ty and Emily won, I think they'd easily send in one of the alliance teams over CT and Diem). I kinda knew it was gonna be the case at the end of last show though...you can see the look on CT's face when Diem starts announcing it before the TBC. Wink

Last edited by shimel on Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
shimel
Papas frías

RW/RR Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: RW/RR Challenge   RW/RR Challenge Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:48 am

I agree that Paula and Dunbar weren't a threat, I still don't think it would hurt them if they hadn't won power couple (with 4 teams left, Emily and Ty should be putting in the toughest team and/or trying to kill any chance of Johnny and Mark working together for 1st AND2nd in the final, even though that's generally remote).

As for 'unfair challenges,' some have to be. Most are physical, and those in better shape deserve their advantage (the same way a puzzle challenge would be 'unfair' to lunkheads)...Plus Diem weighs nothing and she did pretty well. Smile
Back to top Go down
shimel
Papas frías

RW/RR Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: RW/RR Challenge   RW/RR Challenge Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:51 am

kelly wrote:
I don't know why they didn't just get close to those tall weeds to carry everything across?

I thought the same thing, but I think maybe they had to stay in those lines unless something flew away? I've always wondered about loopholes in these things, and what you can and can't do (and if they tell you/allow you to ask outside-the-box questions beforehand). Like why not just curl up the parachute or tie it up? Wink
Back to top Go down
shimel
Papas frías

RW/RR Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: RW/RR Challenge   RW/RR Challenge Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:55 am

Neptune wrote:

It should have taken them 5 seconds to realize the girls would be best off carrying small objects, staying low, and staying furthest from the engine (behind the guy, if at all possible).

Except for Emily, who seemed to do as well as anyone, any gender. Wink

Back to top Go down
shimel
Papas frías

RW/RR Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: RW/RR Challenge   RW/RR Challenge Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:58 am

I'm pulling for Ty and Emily, cause I like Emily, and they honestly deserve it (well, more than anyone based on past performance...really the only people who deserve it are the ones who do well in the final). Johnny and Camilla have gotten all the credit for being the best this show (and they deserved a lot of it) for winning all of the daily challenges, but Ty and Emily single-handedly sent 3 teams packing, so I'd have to put them in a tie for 'best so far.'
Back to top Go down
shimel
Papas frías

RW/RR Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: RW/RR Challenge   RW/RR Challenge Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 4:01 am

I'm also surprised CT and Johnny got along so "well" this Challenge. I mean, I know the main problem is with Kenny, but Johnny's kinda one of his underlings, isn't he?

I often wonder how much the 'relationships' we see are real (and how much are semi-contrived like most other 'reality' shows). Especially on these shows, I also wonder how much people play the long game (sacrificing things in one Challenge to get in with the main clique for future ones).
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

RW/RR Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: RW/RR Challenge   RW/RR Challenge Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 8:15 am

shimel wrote:
I've always wondered about loopholes in these things, and what you can and can't do (and if they tell you/allow you to ask outside-the-box questions beforehand). Like why not just curl up the parachute or tie it up? Wink

They do allow questions. I've heard Johnny and Evan discuss this.....they say that sometimes, they spend over an hour asking questions and waiting for responses (because MTV has to check with production on each "what if I" scenario. They ask all types of stuff and the instructions are much longer than what we see.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

RW/RR Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: RW/RR Challenge   RW/RR Challenge Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 8:19 am

shimel wrote:
I'm also surprised CT and Johnny got along so "well" this Challenge. I mean, I know the main problem is with Kenny, but Johnny's kinda one of his underlings, isn't he?

I dont get this. CT and Kenny are friendly. That extends to Evan, Derrick, Johnny, etc. They all have no issues with CT.

In the past they have targeted CT because he is such a beast physically. No one wants to compete against him.

I guess Johnny learned from past seasons and just gave up on the "get rid of CT" strategy. He had a very telling sentence in the last after show where he basically said it was pointless, because CT would beat anyone in the dome, and then come back pissed and looking for revenge. Better to work with that type of player.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

RW/RR Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: RW/RR Challenge   RW/RR Challenge Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 8:22 am

shimel wrote:
I often wonder how much the 'relationships' we see are real (and how much are semi-contrived like most other 'reality' shows). Especially on these shows, I also wonder how much people play the long game (sacrificing things in one Challenge to get in with the main clique for future ones).

I think the relationships are better/tighter than we imagine when watching.

A lot of these peeps make a living going around and giving speeches (at high schools and such) or work the entertainment angle, at club openings and events. They see each other a lot at these functions. Hell, some of them, which have never been on the same season on TV, turn out to be friendly (when they should theoretically be meeting for the first time) because of past non-TV activities.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

RW/RR Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: RW/RR Challenge   RW/RR Challenge Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 9:13 am

Neptune wrote:
I guess Johnny learned from past seasons and just gave up on the "get rid of CT" strategy. He had a very telling sentence in the last after show where he basically said it was pointless, because CT would beat anyone in the dome, and then come back pissed and looking for revenge. Better to work with that type of player.

Well, and two, after CT wore him as a backpack that time, I think Johnny realized better to work with him than against him.

I also think Kenny and Evan are more of the instigators of the cliques than Johnny or Derrick or Mark.

I also wonder if the boys were thinking about which GIRLS to take out so that their partners would have a better chance more than they were which boys. See: Emily in the Dome 947 times.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

RW/RR Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: RW/RR Challenge   RW/RR Challenge Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 9:14 am

And some of these guys think ONLY about the long game, too. I'm pretty sure they invented the long game.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

RW/RR Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: RW/RR Challenge   RW/RR Challenge Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 9:17 am

kelly wrote:
I also wonder if the boys were thinking about which GIRLS to take out so that their partners would have a better chance more than they were which boys. See: Emily in the Dome 947 times.

Absolutely. In addition to the Emily thing, CT basically let Diem pick Paula/Dunbar against his wishes simply because she didn't want to face Paula in the finale.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

RW/RR Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: RW/RR Challenge   RW/RR Challenge Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 9:19 am

Well and CT is still totally in love with her too. Who in the world could look Diem in those sweet eyes and NOT let her have her choice.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

RW/RR Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: RW/RR Challenge   RW/RR Challenge Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 9:25 am

NOT ME THAT'S FOR SURE
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

RW/RR Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: RW/RR Challenge   RW/RR Challenge Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 9:38 am

OK, let's poll it up.

If you could compete in the finale of one of these shows, with two partners, who would you choose. Boy or girl

Who are your top 3 favorites of all time, any seasons

How much do you love TJ

In five words or less, describe Wes

If you were coming on the show as a Fresh Meat and every castmember from every season were standing in front of you, what would you do to get picked? And would you tailor what you do to get picked by anyone in particular?

What types of activities would you excel and fail at? (obviously I would fail at grammar)

In an inevitable All-Stars edition, who are your top five MUST BE THEREs to even be considered an All-Stars

Do you think Cara Mara and Abram will get married?
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

RW/RR Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: RW/RR Challenge   RW/RR Challenge Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 10:05 am

kelly wrote:
OK, let's poll it up.

If you could compete in the finale of one of these shows, with two partners, who would you choose. Boy or girl

Landon. Alton. Physical, remain calm, not idiotic. Super well-rounded.

kelly wrote:

Hmm. Kenny, for entertainment. Derrick, for heart (and underdog status).
3rd is tough. Kendal was really hot. Veronica was Cuban. Always found myself rooting for Jamie (New Orleans), not sure why. Evan and Johnny, of course. Tough.

kelly wrote:
How much do you love TJ

He's a cool dude. Rooted (and still rooting) hard for him after the coma.

kelly wrote:

Conceited ass, camera whore. Awful.

kelly wrote:
If you were coming on the show as a Fresh Meat and every castmember from every season were standing in front of you, what would you do to get picked? And would you tailor what you do to get picked by anyone in particular?

What, like a talent show? I wouldn't do much. I'm not one for dog-and-pony shows. I guess I'd offer to solve all the puzzles?

kelly wrote:
What types of activities would you excel and fail at? (obviously I would fail at grammar)

I'd rock the water challenges and mental stuff (trivia, memory, puzzles, etc.).
I'd be horrid at most challenges, as they tend to be a foot race or require a ton of climbing, and all those guys would kill me at either.

kelly wrote:
In an inevitable All-Stars edition, who are your top five MUST BE THEREs to even be considered an All-Stars

Physically - Landon, CT, Alton, Evelyn, Laurel
Entertainment - Evan, Kenny, Miz, Coral, Veronica

kelly wrote:

No. That girl doesn't know what she wants, and I think guys like Abram get impatient and move on.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

RW/RR Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: RW/RR Challenge   RW/RR Challenge Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 11:20 am

kellly, unless you reply to your own poll, my answers may be all you get pirat
Back to top Go down
Katniss
Papas frías
Katniss

RW/RR Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: RW/RR Challenge   RW/RR Challenge Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 1:52 pm

mark and ct

coral, susie, abram

How much do you love TJ

equal to my love of AT ATs

schwarmy piece of butt nugget

oh dear. i would try to look taller and meaner

puzzles. failing at anything that requires to take on someone like emily.

ct, mark, abram, coral and susie

i hope ct and diem do, but cara marie is not good enough.
Back to top Go down
shimel
Papas frías

RW/RR Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: RW/RR Challenge   RW/RR Challenge Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:02 pm

Neptune wrote:
shimel wrote:

I dont get this. CT and Kenny are friendly. That extends to Evan, Derrick, Johnny, etc. They all have no issues with CT.

In the past they have targeted CT because he is such a beast physically. No one wants to compete against him.

In the last one (the one where CT returned and was paired with Adam), it seemed like Kenny (et al) were gunning for CT hardcore throughout the show (yes, Wes was too, but he just does that to everyone). Even at the bar, where CT is 'surrounded' when he's trying to talk to Adam...Kenny was the main one instigating that.

But that's good thinking on the dome thing. I always wanted to see a competitor who WANTED to go in the dome every time, just to knock people out...maybe even nominate themselves (which is haphazardly risky, yes, but would earn my mad respect).
Back to top Go down
shimel
Papas frías

RW/RR Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: RW/RR Challenge   RW/RR Challenge Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:12 pm

kelly wrote:
OK, let's poll it up.

Landon and one of the top girls (Emily, Evelyn, Laurel, Rachel).

kelly wrote:

Nobody jumps out at me as someone to like during the shows, so I just like the girls for their looks, for the most part (I guess Landon is really one of the few 'standup' guys in it all, but I still have no attachment either way).

kelly wrote:

How much do you love TJ

Honestly, I don't like him in the slightest. Often he makes little smarmy comments that annoy me.

kelly wrote:

Biggest verboten-kellly-word ever

kelly wrote:

Try to logic them into thinking I was a good competitor/team-player I guess. I'd need to get in much better shape (physically and with face-to-face interpersonal skills...ie - talking in front of folks) first though. I suppose going after someone most of the people hated (if I had that info) would be a good idea too.

kelly wrote:

I like to think everything (again, assuming I had time to get into shape).

kelly wrote:

I don't know enough about win-loss records, so I'm just gonna go with 5 top competitors based on how I've seen them do:

Landon, CT, Emily, Evelyn, Laurel-or-Rachel-or-IhatetosayitKenny

kelly wrote:

If he can stick with her until she sorts out what she wants from her future, maybe. And then divorced within 6 years (half-joking). Wink
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

RW/RR Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: RW/RR Challenge   RW/RR Challenge Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 5:49 pm

shimel wrote:
In the last one (the one where CT returned and was paired with Adam), it seemed like Kenny (et al) were gunning for CT hardcore throughout the show (yes, Wes was too, but he just does that to everyone). Even at the bar, where CT is 'surrounded' when he's trying to talk to Adam...Kenny was the main one instigating that.

This issues with CT are purely game ($$) based.

They are friends. CT had more beef with Adam than any of the Kenny, Evan, Johnny, Derrick crew.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

RW/RR Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: RW/RR Challenge   RW/RR Challenge Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 5:50 pm

shimel wrote:
I always wanted to see a competitor who WANTED to go in the dome every time, just to knock people out...maybe even nominate themselves (which is haphazardly risky, yes, but would earn my mad respect).

Its happened more than once.

Evelyn has done it, several times.

Miz and someone (Landon?) argued in an early season, as they both wanted to go in as opposed to letting the other go in and do the dirty work.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

RW/RR Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: RW/RR Challenge   RW/RR Challenge Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 8:09 pm

this thread can never die, jon.
Back to top Go down
shimel
Papas frías

RW/RR Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: RW/RR Challenge   RW/RR Challenge Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 9:26 pm

Neptune wrote:
shimel wrote:
I always wanted to see a competitor who WANTED to go in the dome every time, just to knock people out...maybe even nominate themselves (which is haphazardly risky, yes, but would earn my mad respect).

Its happened more than once.

Evelyn has done it, several times.

Miz and someone (Landon?) argued in an early season, as they both wanted to go in as opposed to letting the other go in and do the dirty work.

Want...to...see...
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

RW/RR Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: RW/RR Challenge   RW/RR Challenge Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 1:03 am

shimel wrote:
Want...to...see...

several seasons are available on mtv.com

I THINK it was Landon's first challenge. He was confident, and wanted to prove himself. Miz was confident, and wanted to protect him. They fought over it, each wanting themselves to be the one to go in. Fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RW/RR Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: RW/RR Challenge   RW/RR Challenge Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RW/RR Challenge
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The 74th Annual Hunger Games :: The Board :: The Gathering Hole-
Jump to: