The 74th Annual Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 74th Annual Hunger Games

A place for Capitol Punishment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite place to eat out.

Go down 
+9
Emlyn
Moses
Spinal
Albert B
s l i t h y
Poker
new bird
Ana
bad_jon.
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

Favorite place to eat out.  Empty
PostSubject: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:43 pm

Pictures and links, if you please. I want to see what pleases you hogs.
Back to top Go down
Ana
Papas frías
Ana

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:53 pm

jon_bad. wrote:
Pictures
Quote :
I want to see what pleases you

Between the title and the first post, I can't help but giggle.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:55 pm

What do you mean?

Obviously I was discussing cunnilingus.
Back to top Go down
new bird
Papas frías
new bird

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 6:39 pm

I'm not sure how I feel about this...
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 6:52 pm

Nowhere you guys have down there I think.

Montana's?

East Side Mario's?

Lonestar's?

Brewdebaker's?

Any of those sound familiar? They are chains, but not sure how international they may be.

Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 6:53 pm

But that was the point...I want to be wooed by food I may never eat. I want to hear about exotic places here and abroad. I'm intrigued.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 7:05 pm

My kids' first choice is always Red Robin. Well, either that or Chuckecheese, but they know we don't go there to eat.

Culver's is alright.

Any steak house that has peanuts and you can throw the shells on the floor. The kids love that. Texas Roadhouse is the closest one to us here.

Those are about the only ones we'll all agree on.

Oh, and McDonald's, of course.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 7:06 pm

I miss the Boston chicken place. Can't think of the name of it, though.

*Boston Market. Or Kenny Rogers Roasters too, I guess. They seemed pretty interchangeable.
Back to top Go down
Albert B
Papas frías
Albert B

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 8:18 pm

Poker wrote:
Nowhere you guys have down there I think.

Montana's?

East Side Mario's?

Lonestar's?

Brewdebaker's?

Any of those sound familiar? They are chains, but not sure how international they may be.

We have lonestars around here, in VA.

s l i t h y wrote:
Texas Roadhouse is the closest one to us here.

I went to Texas Roadhouse this afternoon, it just opened up a few months ago and is always packed. I had fried pickles for an appetizer, that was good.
Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
Spinal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 8:41 pm

jon_bad. wrote:
Pictures and links, if you please. I want to see what pleases you hogs.

You don't know by now?
Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
Spinal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 8:46 pm

Although, I do love http://www.dipasquales.com/

They serve a meatball sub, with store made meatballs and mozzarella, on a half loaf of Italian bread (Jon if you ever make it to Baltimore, I'll buy you one)

Favorite place to eat out.  DSC05824

Others would be Olive Garden, Bubba Gump's and Red Lobster
Back to top Go down
Moses
Papas frías
Moses

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 9:11 am

Spinal is the restaurant master. He's checking in to all sorts of places.

Favorite burger chain: Tie: Smash Burger/Mooyah/Twisted Root (the last one maybe only local)
Favorite fastfood chicken chain: Golden Chick
Favorite Italian (local): Bella Vita
Favorite pizza: Dominos (Delivery), Mellow Mushroom (maybe only local)
Favorite sandwich chain: Tie: Jersey Mike's/Firehouse Subs
Favorite burrito: Freebirds (this was local, but I think it's more widespread by now)
Favorite wings: Pluckers (was local, maybe more widespread now)

I'm about to have to go on a diet, and you've just reminded me how impossible that's going to be. Thanks, Jon.
Back to top Go down
Emlyn
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 9:14 am

I'm not much of a fast food eater but I do have a thrilling tale from when I made the staff at Subway empty a pot of chillies into my sandwich. I might tell you sometime.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 9:37 am

Oh, Moses, Mellow Mushroom is so not your local, it's MY local!
Back to top Go down
Moses
Papas frías
Moses

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 9:52 am

I thought it was a Denton thing first?

I don't eat this stuff 'til it makes it to Arlington anyway.

Just looked it up, started in Georgia. Booooo
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 10:15 am

Started in GA .... by some Auburn boys.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 10:16 am

Guthries? Y'all got any Guthries? Mostly found on college campuses...
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 10:16 am

Kelly literally knows everything that has anything to do with Alabama.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 10:21 am

It's absolutely true.

Did you guys know that we have the world's LARGEST CAST IRON STATUE ever made? And he is the God of the Forge, and also known as the ugliest God ever : (

Po' Vulcan
Back to top Go down
Moses
Papas frías
Moses

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 11:29 am

My work cafe (which usually has decent, somewhat low-calorie food options) is doing a "hot dog bar" today. Does anyone think that will be good? How good can hot dogs ever be, really?

I either eat that or I go to Whataburger (I know that one is local, kellly!) for a 1,000 calorie sandwich.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 11:30 am

I miss Mellow Mushroom.

And Guthrie's. From when I lived in Tallamahassee.

Also Bagel Bagel. And Barnacle Bill's. CJ's (Calico Jack's)

But at least we have Chick-fil-A here!
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 11:33 am

Whataburger! Lotta Whataburgers in North Florida, from Pensacola to Jacksonville, I believe.

There was one on the west side of Tallahassee that was in the middle of nowhere. Now I think there's a Home Depot and a Wal-Mart across the street.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 11:34 am

s l i t h y wrote:
But at least we have Chick-fil-A here!

Ours just opened today!! YAY!!! OMG!
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 11:37 am

Why didn't you camp out?

(I might've driven down and joined you)
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 11:42 am

s l i t h y wrote:
Why didn't you camp out?

(I might've driven down and joined you)

A) As sickly as I am right now, it just wouldn't have been as much fun. Though, Lauryn totally gave me permission.

B) The local paper was reporting that the campers arrived several days early and that the store had already begun turning the excess customers away. If I wasn't already there, I wasn't gonna get the prize.

I was very bummed.

But I will have my CFA!
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 11:47 am

Days?

Yeah, I might've done it for one night, but probably not for multiple.

It would be tempting, though.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 11:53 am

hahaha, that's awesome.

And a hot dog bar sounds super awesome, Moses.
Back to top Go down
Moses
Papas frías
Moses

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 12:11 pm

It was kind of cool, but I opted for a grilled chicken sandwich, because I'm lame.

I don't eat a lot of stuff on my hot dog, so it would have been a waste. I only put cheese on it.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 12:13 pm

I love a good chili dog.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 12:13 pm

good = cheap and gross.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 12:16 pm

I love a dog with chili, cheese and sauteed onions. I am disgusting.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 12:28 pm

Chicago dogs are the bomb.

Or so I've been told.

I've never tried one because if you have to use a knife and fork to eat a hot dog then it's not really a hot dog.
Back to top Go down
Ana
Papas frías
Ana

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 3:27 pm

We FINALLY got a Chick-Fil-A near me. And after all my griping for so long about wanting one...I've been there once. Funny how I don't crave it nearly as much when I know I can go get it whenever I want.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 3:52 pm

Yep. And I've found that doesn't just apply to food, either.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:03 pm

Or to Sundays.
Back to top Go down
Emlyn
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:04 pm

jon_bad. wrote:
I love a good chili dog.

Good, shitty hot dogs (preferably chilli dogs) are my one major weakness when it comes to disgusting, delicious food.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:31 pm

The hot dog places here are crazy.

The Columbians (and other South Americans, I think) have set up shops throughout the city....and they have like 30 toppings to choose from for their hot dogs.....from the normal cheeses/sauces/onions to some ridiculous things, like jelly, whip cream, and sprinkles. I'm an adventurous eater, but that sounds insane even to me.
Back to top Go down
Emlyn
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:33 pm

I had waffles, ice cream and jalapeño chillies the other day. It was a surprisingly good combination.
Back to top Go down
Rue
Papas frías
Rue

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:43 pm

Twisted root is deff local, Moses.

We found for a good taco join here, there is the Rusty Taco. Pretty stinking awesome.

I'd also say for fried chicken, the Golden Chick is pretty BA, but I also love Babe's which is local.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Anyone traveling to MIA anytime soon? This is a great spot:

http://pubbelly.com/

Pricey, but oh so good.
Back to top Go down
Lady Shyka
Gamemaker
Lady Shyka

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 6:44 pm

This place is great for hot dogs.
Favorite place to eat out.  64896_10150843603224698_688439697_12759205_1034153423_n

It looks like a front for a male brothel, but it really is a hot dog place. (although, I suppose it could be both)
Their menu consists of Little Peckers which are 3 inches long, Average Joes which are 6 inches long and the Massive Wieners which are 12 inches long.
And then you get a choice of pickled relish, chilli, chesse and bacon or sauerkraut, or a combination of all of them if you want.
Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
Spinal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 10:56 pm

Lady Shyka wrote:
This place is great for hot dogs.
Favorite place to eat out.  64896_10150843603224698_688439697_12759205_1034153423_n

It looks like a front for a male brothel, but it really is a hot dog place. (although, I suppose it could be both)
Their menu consists of Little Peckers which are 3 inches long, Average Joes which are 6 inches long and the Massive Wieners which are 12 inches long.
And then you get a choice of pickled relish, chilli, chesse and bacon or sauerkraut, or a combination of all of them if you want.

I always wanted a massive weiner, so I guess I should check this place out someday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite place to eat out.    Favorite place to eat out.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite place to eat out.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next