The 74th Annual Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 74th Annual Hunger Games

A place for Capitol Punishment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Free Agency Frenzy

Go down 
+2
bad_jon.
Albert B
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Albert B
Papas frías
Albert B

Free Agency Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Free Agency Frenzy   Free Agency Frenzy Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:14 pm

Free agency began for nfl today. And right off the bat Jeff Ireland traded Brandon Marshall for two 3rd round picks (after having given two 2nd two years ago) and a bag of magic beans.

Feels like they've given up trying to get any quarterbacks, so who are we sucking for next season?

Rant here about your favorite team and the decisions they make.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

Free Agency Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Frenzy   Free Agency Frenzy Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:28 pm

Go Tigers!
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

Free Agency Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Frenzy   Free Agency Frenzy Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:08 am

WHO WANTS G-MAC, STEP RIGHT UP.

So, my roommates were out at this crawfish boil the other day and I got a text picture that GMAC WAS THERE. I was on the NEXT TO LAST episode of Downton Abbey, though, SO I DID NOT GO. What is wrong with me.
Back to top Go down
Moses
Papas frías
Moses

Free Agency Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Frenzy   Free Agency Frenzy Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:33 am

Miami traded Brandon Marshall? So much for trying to allure Peyton Manning there.

But it looks like Marshall was in the process of wearing out his welcome before he was traded anyway. I'm sure the Bears are happy to harbor another fugitive.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

Free Agency Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Frenzy   Free Agency Frenzy Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:41 am

MOOOOOOSES.

So I keep hearing that Peyton is either going to the Broncos or the ... Jaguars? Titans? I can't remember the other one, becaaaaaause...I also hear that Trent will be a Bronco.

ON A SCALE OF 1-10, how likely is that scenario? WILL THERE BE A PEYTON TO TRENT APOCALYPSE with Tebowing on the side?
Back to top Go down
Moses
Papas frías
Moses

Free Agency Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Frenzy   Free Agency Frenzy Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:52 am

I've heard the Broncos are most likely, in which case they would have to trade Tebow, because he can't run a Peyton offense as a backup. I can't remember who they said they would likely try to get.

I heard Peyton to the Broncos or Dolphins (who were a favorite because of Marshall and Peyton having a home in Miami, so now that may be off). If he goes to the Broncos, it's suggested that Denver trade Tebow to Jacksonville... I think for Gabbert? Blaine? Is that his name? Anyway, he would become Peyton's backup in that situation.

And Peyton said he prefers to stay AFC, because he doesn't want to be precluding his brother from regular postseason success (and vice versa, I presume).

The Jets were a strong rumor for Peyton to begin with, but I haven't heard much about them since.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

Free Agency Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Frenzy   Free Agency Frenzy Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:55 am

Yeah, that Blaine Gabbney would leave the Jags, from what I hear. Po' Tebow. Gabbney? Whatever.

Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

Free Agency Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Frenzy   Free Agency Frenzy Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:56 am

what a stupid non-football name.

Know what's a great sports name? That Fab Melo. Awesome job, parents.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

Free Agency Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Frenzy   Free Agency Frenzy Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:06 am

Also, why does everyone hate Darren Rovell? I'm newish to the NFL game.
Back to top Go down
Moses
Papas frías
Moses

Free Agency Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Frenzy   Free Agency Frenzy Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:07 am

I don't know who that is.

Also, BREAKING NEWS!

The Cowboys are going to suck again this year. You heard it here first!
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

Free Agency Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Frenzy   Free Agency Frenzy Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:23 am

Tebow would definitely sell tickets in Jacksonville. It would finally give me a reason to root for them as well.

(no offense to Jeremy Mincey)
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

Free Agency Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Frenzy   Free Agency Frenzy Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:25 am

(or Fred Taylor)
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

Free Agency Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Frenzy   Free Agency Frenzy Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:27 am

See, I heard that yesterday, but then everyone was saying the newness would wear off after a while and then Tebow would be playing for an empty stadium and he'd be sad. I don't want Tebow sad.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

Free Agency Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Frenzy   Free Agency Frenzy Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:28 am

But he'd be home so being with his friends and family and jeebus might make up for that?
Back to top Go down
Albert B
Papas frías
Albert B

Free Agency Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Frenzy   Free Agency Frenzy Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:36 am

With Miami getting rid of Marshall, it wouldn't surprise me if Ross wants to get Tebow when Manning inevitably goes to Denver and they drop him. Who needs receivers when your QB can't throw the ball, but he sure does put butts in the seats.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

Free Agency Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Frenzy   Free Agency Frenzy Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 12:06 pm

Brandon Marshall has been accused of punching a woman.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2012/03/report-brandon-marshall-punched-woman-christin-myles-during-club-brawl/

: (

Giving my family such a bad name
Back to top Go down
Moses
Papas frías
Moses

Free Agency Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Frenzy   Free Agency Frenzy Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 12:07 pm

I already posted that!
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

Free Agency Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Frenzy   Free Agency Frenzy Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 12:11 pm

OH, that link. sorry!
Back to top Go down
Rue
Papas frías
Rue

Free Agency Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Frenzy   Free Agency Frenzy Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:05 pm

Brandon Marshall, though talented is a bag of crazy I'd hate to see any team lumped with.

Personally, I am excited for RG3 to become a Redskin.
Back to top Go down
Albert B
Papas frías
Albert B

Free Agency Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Frenzy   Free Agency Frenzy Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 8:08 pm

kelly wrote:
Brandon Marshall has been accused of punching a woman.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2012/03/report-brandon-marshall-punched-woman-christin-myles-during-club-brawl/

: (

Giving my family such a bad name

Not that it makes it right or even correct, but wasn't he claiming that he was trying to punch someone she was with and missed. Still, like Graham said, he's a big ball of crazy.
Back to top Go down
Moses
Papas frías
Moses

Free Agency Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Frenzy   Free Agency Frenzy Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 10:31 am

Rue wrote:
Brandon Marshall, though talented is a bag of crazy I'd hate to see any team lumped with.

Why? You want to root for the Redskins? They're like the worst team everrrrrr.

Just happy that he'll likely be in the Cowboys division and you'll be guaranteed a shot at seeing him in Arlington at least once a year?

Or do you actually want to root for the Redskins.

ANSWER CAREFULLY.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

Free Agency Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Frenzy   Free Agency Frenzy Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 10:43 am

When the devil is the damn draft anyway.

Trent did not participate in the Combine. Will that hurt him much?
Back to top Go down
Rue
Papas frías
Rue

Free Agency Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Frenzy   Free Agency Frenzy Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 2:41 pm

Moses wrote:
Rue wrote:

Why? You want to root for the Redskins? They're like the worst team everrrrrr.

Just happy that he'll likely be in the Cowboys division and you'll be guaranteed a shot at seeing him in Arlington at least once a year?

Or do you actually want to root for the Redskins.

ANSWER CAREFULLY.

I want to root for whatever team he is on. And yes, I realize the Skins are not the best team ever, but they are better than the cows

kelly wrote:
When the devil is the damn draft anyway.

Trent did not participate in the Combine. Will that hurt him much?

I doubt it. He's a solid back. Besides every school has pro days. If he did well then he could land himself somewhere awesome.

I think most likely, he'll be in St. Louis.
Back to top Go down
Moses
Papas frías
Moses

Free Agency Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Frenzy   Free Agency Frenzy Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 2:45 pm

WHAT!

Someone take Graham's infamy. Or make him more infamous, however that works.

Where you from, Graham? You have to like the Cowboys if you're from this area! I know they're terrible and Jerry Jones is content to make them worthless. But even with that against them, they're still better than the Redskins.
Back to top Go down
Rue
Papas frías
Rue

Free Agency Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Frenzy   Free Agency Frenzy Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 2:50 pm

Moses wrote:
WHAT!

Someone take Graham's infamy. Or make him more infamous, however that works.

Where you from, Graham? You have to like the Cowboys if you're from this area! I know they're terrible and Jerry Jones is content to make them worthless. But even with that against them, they're still better than the Redskins.

Leave my infamy alone.

And I have never liked the Cowboys. I know it's sad, but my dad raised me to dislike them. And even if I wanted to like the Cowboys now, I can't. I just don't like romo
Back to top Go down
Moses
Papas frías
Moses

Free Agency Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Frenzy   Free Agency Frenzy Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:00 pm

Romo is highly unlikable, but you can call him The Bearded Ballchinian Homo.

So who do you root for in the NFL now, before RGIII goes anywhere?
Back to top Go down
Moses
Papas frías
Moses

Free Agency Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Frenzy   Free Agency Frenzy Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:01 pm

T.O.N.Y.

This other site better not hAve filters, Jon!
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

Free Agency Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Frenzy   Free Agency Frenzy Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 5:05 pm

The Bearded Ballchinian
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

Free Agency Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Frenzy   Free Agency Frenzy Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 5:05 pm

Moses wrote:
T.O.N.Y.

This other site better not hAve filters, Jon!

That was one of the few left.

But man, was it appropriate.
Back to top Go down
Rue
Papas frías
Rue

Free Agency Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Frenzy   Free Agency Frenzy Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 8:15 pm

Moses wrote:
Romo is highly unlikable, but you can call him The Bearded Ballchinian Homo.

So who do you root for in the NFL now, before RGIII goes anywhere?

I root for the Texans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Free Agency Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Frenzy   Free Agency Frenzy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Free Agency Frenzy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The 74th Annual Hunger Games :: The Board :: The Gathering Hole-
Jump to: