The 74th Annual Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 74th Annual Hunger Games

A place for Capitol Punishment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Hunger Games (The Movie)

Go down 
+6
weeba
forehead
Albert B
Poker
new bird
s l i t h y
10 posters
AuthorMessage
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

The Hunger Games (The Movie) Empty
PostSubject: The Hunger Games (The Movie)   The Hunger Games (The Movie) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 11:12 am

Saw the newest trailer in imax yesterday when I saw John Carter.

I think I may be more excited than my kids are to see it.

And Caesar looked simply resplendent in the large screen format.

(I gotta stop thinking about this movie or I know I'm gonna be disappointed because of my expectations.)
Back to top Go down
new bird
Papas frías
new bird

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games (The Movie)   The Hunger Games (The Movie) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 12:01 pm

Caesar will always look amazing, it doesn't matter what sized screen I'm viewed on. Counting down the days until I get to go! My shirt should be coming in the mail anytime...
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games (The Movie)   The Hunger Games (The Movie) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 12:40 pm

new bird wrote:
Caesar will always look amazing, it doesn't matter what sized screen I'm viewed on. Counting down the days until I get to go! My shirt should be coming in the mail anytime...
Did Jon ever get a Mockingjay pin? He said he tried to get an usher to sell him theirs and they refused.
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games (The Movie)   The Hunger Games (The Movie) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 12:50 pm

s l i t h y wrote:

(I gotta stop thinking about this movie or I know I'm gonna be disappointed because of my expectations.)

Yeah, they showed a new trailer in front of "Friends with Kids" on Saturday evening too, which I felt was probably not their target audience.

Back to top Go down
new bird
Papas frías
new bird

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games (The Movie)   The Hunger Games (The Movie) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:36 pm

s l i t h y wrote:
new bird wrote:
Did Jon ever get a Mockingjay pin? He said he tried to get an usher to sell him theirs and they refused.

Yes, we have three. He is already wearing them. I think I'll wait until the movie.
Back to top Go down
Albert B
Papas frías
Albert B

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games (The Movie)   The Hunger Games (The Movie) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:55 pm

s l i t h y wrote:

I saw it too. Both the trailer and John Carter. I'm like you, I'm thinking I might be hyping myself up so much that the eventual movie might be a let down. John Carter on the other hand, I didn't have any sort of expectation and enjoyed it quite well.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games (The Movie)   The Hunger Games (The Movie) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 7:13 pm

I enjoyed John Carter as well. Lots of exposition, which my son pronounced as boring, but I liked the movie. My son said the ads tricked him into thinking it would be action-packed, but according to him it wasn't. Too much talking he said.

I asked him to name a movie whose ads didn't trick him and he immediately said "Captain America."

Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games (The Movie)   The Hunger Games (The Movie) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 11:20 pm

Saw a trailer earlier and it looks alright. Checked the IMDb page to see who my character was being played by(some randomer I've never heard of) and saw that Stanley Tucci is in it, automatically becomes better so I'm more tempted to see it now. Every film should have a little Stanley Tucci in it, good rule to live by.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games (The Movie)   The Hunger Games (The Movie) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 11:36 pm

Stanley Tucci plays Caesar Flickerman.

Inspired casting.
Back to top Go down
weeba
Papas frías
weeba

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games (The Movie)   The Hunger Games (The Movie) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 8:54 am

They're anticpating a bigger opening than Twilight, something Potter-esque

http://www.hitfix.com/articles/box-office-the-hunger-games-looks-for-a-mammoth-harry-potter-level-opening
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games (The Movie)   The Hunger Games (The Movie) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:26 am

Yeah, I don't think theaters are going to be unprepared for Hunger Games, the way they seemed to be for the Lorax and its $70 million opening weekend.

But I didn't realize there are only 2.9 million copies of the books in print. Seems like it should be more than that, but maybe that's because everyone in my family has read them (exept my 5 year old, of course).

Oh, yeah, and I've spent the last 2 weeks playing the 74th Annual Hunger Games!

(I hadn't seen the HitFix site before, either. Think I'll look around.)
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games (The Movie)   The Hunger Games (The Movie) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:27 am

Where'd you get your Mockingjay pins from, Jon? I think they'd make a good item for my kids to find in their Easter baskets...
Back to top Go down
weeba
Papas frías
weeba

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games (The Movie)   The Hunger Games (The Movie) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 11:05 am

Hitfix is a good site. Has one of the best TV Critics (Alan Sepinwall) writing for them
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games (The Movie)   The Hunger Games (The Movie) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 11:16 am

s l i t h y wrote:
Where'd you get your Mockingjay pins from, Jon? I think they'd make a good item for my kids to find in their Easter baskets...

I finally convinced my local theatre manager to sell me a couple. She had offered to give them to be for free after a long talk in her office, but I insisted on paying for them. The third one was the result of failing to lose all the eBay auctions I had signed up for before coaxing the pair of pins out of the manager. I will say this: the two from the theater seemed to be of better quality. Or at least, I liked them better. The one from eBay was overly shiny and golden plated and had a traditional foldover pin clasp. The theatre-grade pins were more of a bronzy color and seemed to be more detailed. They also had a button pin on back, which I prefer. There was a company that I found on Amazon that was offering the pins (Neco, maybe?) but they kept saying "Coming Soon" ... they might be selling them now, though.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games (The Movie)   The Hunger Games (The Movie) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 11:17 am

Ah, found them: http://www.amazon.com/Hunger-Games-Prop-Replica-Brooch/dp/B003YRK27W

When I was looking, they were priced at $15...so...the demand must be high.
Back to top Go down
new bird
Papas frías
new bird

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games (The Movie)   The Hunger Games (The Movie) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 2:31 pm

bad_jon wrote:
They're anticpating a bigger opening than Twilight, something Potter-esque

http://www.hitfix.com/articles/box-office-the-hunger-games-looks-for-a-mammoth-harry-potter-level-opening

That's not too difficult. Twilight is an abomination to books/movies everywhere.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games (The Movie)   The Hunger Games (The Movie) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 1:06 am

Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
Spinal

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games (The Movie)   The Hunger Games (The Movie) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:23 pm

forehead wrote:
Saw a trailer earlier and it looks alright. Checked the IMDb page to see who my character was being played by(some randomer I've never heard of)

When I checked out who played my character, I was very happy. It is the girl who played the main character from Orphan.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games (The Movie)   The Hunger Games (The Movie) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:13 pm

At least your characters are in the movie!

edit-ok, I looked her up and my character is in the movie. She's played by Kalia Prescott, who has more credits as a stuntwoman than an actress.

The Hunger Games (The Movie) MV5BMTYzMzk1MzM5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDcwMjk3NQ@@._V1._SY314_CR18,0,214,314_
District Three Tribute Girl

Well, then, at least your characters have names in the movie! (right?)
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games (The Movie)   The Hunger Games (The Movie) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:19 pm

Lauryn and I (mainly Lauryn) made up most of the names for this game since only about eight Tributes have names or nicknames in the book.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games (The Movie)   The Hunger Games (The Movie) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:21 pm

The Hunger Games (The Movie) Hgt

I like this poster for the tour better than the one with the banners for the movie.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games (The Movie)   The Hunger Games (The Movie) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:22 pm

jon_bad. wrote:
Lauryn and I (mainly Lauryn) made up most of the names for this game since only about eight Tributes have names or nicknames in the book.

Nice job! Who came up with Gimp? (You, right?)
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games (The Movie)   The Hunger Games (The Movie) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:26 pm

s l i t h y wrote:
jon_bad. wrote:

Heh.

Possibly.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games (The Movie)   The Hunger Games (The Movie) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:28 pm

jon_bad. wrote:
s l i t h y wrote:
jon_bad. wrote:

Heh.

Possibly.

I think I actually found it during my research before the game. Somebody had just named him that and while I knew it wasn't accurate, I thought it was too good to pass up.
Back to top Go down
Ana
Papas frías
Ana

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games (The Movie)   The Hunger Games (The Movie) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:34 pm

jon_bad. wrote:

I thought the made up names were pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games (The Movie)   The Hunger Games (The Movie) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:38 pm

We were overly proud of ourselves as each clever nomenclature slipped from our brains.
Back to top Go down
Ana
Papas frías
Ana

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games (The Movie)   The Hunger Games (The Movie) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:40 pm

jon_bad. wrote:
We were overly proud of ourselves as each clever nomenclature slipped from our brains.

Aww but I think that's absolutely adorable!
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games (The Movie)   The Hunger Games (The Movie) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:49 pm

s l i t h y wrote:
Stanley Tucci plays Caesar Flickerman.

Inspired casting.

I totally didn't realise that when I looked at the avatar of our Caesar. He's a great actor.
Back to top Go down
new bird
Papas frías
new bird

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games (The Movie)   The Hunger Games (The Movie) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 6:42 pm

jon_bad. wrote:

It if wasn't for me, the nameless would have simply been known as female tribute from District 3, male tribute from District 7... So boring.
Back to top Go down
Ana
Papas frías
Ana

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games (The Movie)   The Hunger Games (The Movie) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 6:49 pm

new bird wrote:
jon_bad. wrote:

It if wasn't for me, the nameless would have simply been known as female tribute from District 3, male tribute from District 7... So boring.

Well then I'm glad you were around.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games (The Movie)   The Hunger Games (The Movie) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 6:50 pm

She brings out the beast in me.
Back to top Go down
Ana
Papas frías
Ana

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games (The Movie)   The Hunger Games (The Movie) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 6:52 pm

I'm sure she does. But isn't that more appropriate to your other thread?
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games (The Movie)   The Hunger Games (The Movie) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 6:54 pm

I'm not contained.
Back to top Go down
weeba
Papas frías
weeba

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games (The Movie)   The Hunger Games (The Movie) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 9:12 am

Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games (The Movie)   The Hunger Games (The Movie) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 9:41 am

Oh, neat. That map would probably make Lauryn happier than the one we saw the other day. But...what strange swirly divisions. I guess I never really imagined it that way. But it's fun to see what people can extrapolate from mere fragments of hints in the books about where things are.
Back to top Go down
Rue
Papas frías
Rue

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games (The Movie)   The Hunger Games (The Movie) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 2:47 pm

I like that map better. And I like that I am still in district 11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games (The Movie)   The Hunger Games (The Movie) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Hunger Games (The Movie)
Page 1 of 1