8%
 8% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 36

AuthorMessage
SweetIrony!
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:49 pm

new bird wrote:
Jon loves my mustache, you just need to hang around people who appreciate well groomed facial hair... duh.
I knew once I hit submit that I was going to get myself branded as the lady with the mustache. I guess I can live with that.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:50 pm

Jesus. I think you are taking me/this way too seriously.

Maybe it's me and my poor wording.

Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:51 pm

kelly wrote:
LORD NO, did you really get that impression at all? I already signed up for that other one AND told you the mustache was offcenter.

I thought you were opening the communication for various ideas and thoughts.

Well...and "The 'Stache" is gone unless we move to that board or opt for one of the lesser web extensions like .org or .net. So it's a pretty moot point.

So, ideas and thoughts. Yes.

I was just failing to see the fault in a 'stache.
Back to top Go down
SweetIrony!
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:51 pm

jon_bad. wrote:
I feel like I'm fighting for that site.

I'm not. Not really.

I'm just surprised to hear that it's too trendy for us or that it's too exclusive for the whole group. I mean...it just seem weird. Would you really stop posting here if we suddenly had a mustache at the top of the board?
Oh, no. I'm just saying why it's my least favorite.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:53 pm

kelly wrote:
Jesus. I think you are taking me/this way too seriously.

I'm just trying to make the best place for everyone.

Ordinarily...you know me...I'd just make whatever I want and say "play here or don't".

But we've already dwindled so much. I'm pandering.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:54 pm

SweetIrony! wrote:
new bird wrote:
Jon loves my mustache, you just need to hang around people who appreciate well groomed facial hair... duh.
I knew once I hit submit that I was going to get myself branded as the lady with the mustache. I guess I can live with that.

It's a lovely green mustache on your blue face, though.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:57 pm

SweetIrony! wrote:

It's my second least favorite. The Den being my top least.
Back to top Go down
Moses
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:57 pm

forehead wrote:
Yeah, I do, I'm sure I already mentioned that cause I think someone said I was cheating on you.

No soccer themed games, themes vary. There's been a couple of Futurama games, a Lost one, Friends, Dragonball Z and a wrestling one(as well as other, made up themes).

I only called it soccer so as not to get confused with your football, you know the game where you throw and run with the ball to score points Razz

I'll need to see what happens, there's a bit of a transformation happening with it. Basically, when I started playing over there(was just after I started playing here), I started a planning thread over there. And I brought in a schedule(it was more just an order) and then someone suggested putting dates on it to get it more organized and now there's a big uproar about the games being too close together so there's a vote happening with various options and divided opinion.

There was also a big massive fallout that happened on Wednesday night. Basically someone posted on the thread that they'd received a PM from someone wanting to start their own planning thread and rival mine, at first I didn't realise it was a joke so there was a bit of investigating and someone claimed it, so I started asking questions and stuff. I then got PM'd be the original guy saying it was a joke and the guy who claimed it was just playing along with his prank. So I thought I'd get even and totally throw a hissy fit and I locked the thread and called him all sorts of names and then went to bed. I was just looking for him to feel bad for trolling me so I could turn around and say that I was taking the piss. He didn't come online though and when I woke up in the morning, no one had a clue what was going on and I just admitted to everything.

My point is that there's a big change going through our community and that I'm not exactly in the best light, although there's loads of people who think it was funny etc but some are claiming that I did it so that players who "beg" me to come back, like I'm really needed, but those people are idiots and are repeatedly claiming that I think I'm in charge when I really just change the schedule to whatever the general consensus of the people is. But yeah, we're going through a transition at the moment.

It's weird though, on here we pretty much play game after game but the hosts just sort of come up when they're needed(ie there isn't much of a queue) whereas over there there's a massive queue to host but the people want to space the games out more. confused We do play more than mafia games though.

edit: I apologize for that, it's turned into a massive rant.

It sounds like Forehead is a big dawg at this other forum. We need to insult him EVEN MORE now. To bring him back down to earth.

Also, the clamoring at your forum is because it's a new fun pastime. We had the same types of scheduling arguments when there were 50 people interested in playing the games at VA.
Back to top Go down
SweetIrony!
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:59 pm

kelly wrote:
SweetIrony! wrote:

It's my second least favorite. The Den being my top least.
That one is blacked out in my brain.
Back to top Go down
Moses
Papas frías

Also, I like the look of the other site, and Jon already paid for it, so we shouldn't be jerks.

He could have used that $20 for Vegas.

(... I have no idea how much he paid for the domain, or even what a price for a domain is. It's imaginary space on the internet; I don't know what Mark Cuban and the other Internet-saavy moguls are charging for that nonsense.)
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker

Mafiasco is available.

So is Mafiahole....which seems so much grosser to me. Gathering hole is a nice idea...but mafia hole. Yipes.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:00 pm

Moses wrote:
Also, I like the look of the other site, and Jon already paid for it, so we shouldn't be jerks.

You're right.

I'll just go where I'm told.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:01 pm

I realize it is naive to think we'll find a name everyone likes.

But I'd like to think we can at least find a name everyone can tolerate.

thisismafia.com
mafiadays.com
mafiatime.com
mafialust.com
mafiaeyes.com
mafiaallday.com
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:07 pm

I need a stiff drink.
Back to top Go down
SweetIrony!
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:09 pm

jon_bad. wrote:
Mafiasco is available.
I love mafiasco. Whose idea was that?
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:10 pm

Emlyn?
Back to top Go down
SweetIrony!
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:12 pm

Clever.

Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:58 pm

I recommend people go take a look around. http://www.mafiastache.com

There's still a bunch of work that can be done there. But see if you like it or not.
Back to top Go down
Moses
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:07 pm

I like it! Lookin' clean.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:11 pm

You should be able to post freely there now, too.
Back to top Go down
Moses
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:12 pm

Do you want to do more work on it, Jon? Learning things is hard, and the Jon I know doesn't like to do things.

Which would you rather waste, your money (stay here) or your time (go there)? I'll support either.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:12 pm

So where do you want us to post, jon? Here or there?

If there, can you email EVERYONE from here and let them know?

Or, I'll just wait out the transfer on EBB and you let me know when everything is settled? That sounds good.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:20 pm

I feel like this process is alienating a lot of people.

I'm sorry.
Back to top Go down
Moses
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:23 pm

I'm just trying to figure out which one you want to do! You bought the other place and you're talking about how difficult it is over there, so that makes me think you want to stay over here. But over here, you're still so hopeful!

Which do you waaaaaaaaaaant.

It shouldn't be alineating anyone. You're trying to do a nice thing. Two nice things. I'm just trying to figure out which nice thing you actually want to be doing.
Back to top Go down
SweetIrony!
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:27 pm

I just want us to all settle in somewhere. I'm getting an adjustment disorder. Don't tell anyone, but I miss VA. : (
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:27 pm

Moses wrote:
I'm just trying to figure out which one you want to do! You bought the other place and you're talking about how difficult it is over there,l so that makes me think you want to stay over here. But over here, you're still so hopeful!

Which do you waaaaaaaaaaant.

It shouldn't be alineating anyone. You're trying to do a nice thing. Two nice things. I'm just trying to figure out which nice thing you're doing.

The people who know web stuff way better than me are saying there are lots of benefits to moving over there.

The rest of you don't give a shit, so long as the cable isn't interrupted. I think the majority of you are as pleased as punch with this place and don't care to make yet another move.

Really...I want to make the best long-term decision for us all, but I wonder how long-term any of this really is.

I just want you all to have a place to go that makes you happy.
Back to top Go down
Moses
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:31 pm

I feel like there should be a little tear dripping from your avatar monocle with that last statement.

Have you officially done a poll on it?

Set it to the tune of

See, I'm capable of learning.

ETA: Goddammit, apparently not.

ETA2: This is a better video anyway.

Last edited by Moses on Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:32 pm

But you're capable of getting me to fix things for you!
Back to top Go down
Moses
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:33 pm

I can do it.

Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:48 pm

I guess, for me, since I'm not techy, I don't see the advantages of moving somewhere else. Can you (or weeba, or GG or Shyka) explain them to me/us?
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:53 pm

kelly wrote:
I guess, for me, since I'm not techy, I don't see the advantages of moving somewhere else. Can you (or weeba, or GG or Shyka) explain them to me/us?

I'd have to let them explain. A lot of it has to do with the fact that if we stay here, we never really own our information. Forumotion does. Which seems silly. But it keeps us on a leash.
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:53 pm

kelly wrote:
what about mafiastache.tv or mafiastache.org or whatever

Or mafiastache.co.uk Razz

Moses wrote:
It sounds like Forehead is a big dawg at this other forum. We need to insult him EVEN MORE now. To bring him back down to earth.

Also, the clamoring at your forum is because it's a new fun pastime. We had the same types of scheduling arguments when there were 50 people interested in playing the games at VA.

Yeah, I'm like the Fonzie of the Pie and Bovril mafia community. "Aaaaaaayyy" indeed. You guys have been insulting me? I thought it was just good fun Sad

I didn't take the mafia games over there, they were there when I got there. The earlier one I found was from April 2009. But there's only been 45 games in total, I've been involved in 19 since last April, so it's not new but it's not as frequent as us.(unless I couldn't find the links to some of them)
Back to top Go down
shimel
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:58 pm

Is 'there' already set up? Do you have a link? I'll move with you!
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:03 pm

jon_bad. wrote:
I recommend people go take a look around. http://www.mafiastache.com

There's still a bunch of work that can be done there. But see if you like it or not.

Huh?
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:06 pm

forehead wrote:
I started a planning thread over there. And I brought in a schedule(it was more just an order) and then someone suggested putting dates on it to get it more organized and now there's a big uproar about the games being too close together so there's a vote happening with various options and divided opinion.

There was also a big massive fallout that happened on Wednesday night. Basically someone posted on the thread that they'd received a PM from someone wanting to start their own planning thread and rival mine, at first I didn't realise it was a joke so there was a bit of investigating and someone claimed it, so I started asking questions and stuff. I then got PM'd be the original guy saying it was a joke and the guy who claimed it was just playing along with his prank. So I thought I'd get even and totally throw a hissy fit and I locked the thread and...

Yeah, we can't relate to that at all.

Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:09 pm

weeba wrote:
I like phpbb better than proboards so just dont go there.

I can't stay logged in at the EBB and it makes it difficult to want to return there.

I'm actually having the reverse problem here, but I think it's Chrome related. When I use IE and go to the EBB, I'm already logged in, np.

I've been using Chrome more and more so I began using it to come here and I have to log in every time I close the window.

Probably wouldn't have that issue with IE, but I'm trying to break the leash.

Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:11 pm

Man. It's so weird doing stuff on the internet. You just never really know what the end-user experience will be.
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:17 pm

kelly wrote:
like, anyone remember Twist-a-Beads?

oooh twistabeads.com

Friend pins and friendship bracelets.

odd shoes and socks

wool socks and beach sandals.

Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:24 pm

I like mafiastache, but I will follow you all anywhere.

Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:24 pm

SweetIrony! wrote:
I just want us to all settle in somewhere. I'm getting an adjustment disorder. Don't tell anyone, but I miss VA. : (

Any chance there are still people on the EBB with an interest in mafia that would join up to play or hang out during/in between games?

I haven't been spending a ton of time there lately. Just in the Comic thread a bit.

Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:25 pm

kelly wrote:

I think it comes down to being in control. #1 of the content and #2 of the platform.

If the site stays here*, paid or free, Jon will probably never be able to move it. He may never WANT to move it but if he does he's going to be SOL. If forumotion.com dies, switches format, get insanely expensive or just becomes a shitty partner the choice will be stay here and deal with it or move again and try to build something new.

As users, there may not be a lot of differences or benefits today but if it's a community you want to keep and/or build making the switch is a better long-term plan. And if it's going to be done it should be done soon.

Not sure that helps....Hope so.

*I'm ok with staying here, if that's the choice. Jon, sorry if it seems like I'm pressing you. This is just one of those things I know because of my experience.
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:27 pm

jon_bad. wrote:
I feel like this process is alienating a lot of people.

I'm sorry.

Not at all. You are spending a lot of your own time and money on something you feel will carry us along. I appreciate that. I just didn't find the appeal in the name.

I'll go where my people go. Just spread the sea, or use your tom tom to get us across the desert.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What should we call this place?   

Back to top Go down

What should we call this place?
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The 74th Annual Hunger Games :: The Board :: The Gathering Hole-
Jump to: