The 74th Annual Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 74th Annual Hunger Games

A place for Capitol Punishment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter

Go down 
+18
forehead
ASKEWD
Gargoyle Geek
Lorene
new bird
Foxface
Katniss
Spinal
Albert B
Ana
Rue
SweetIrony!
Lady Shyka
Celtic
Poker
s l i t h y
Dileo33
bad_jon.
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Ana
Papas frías
Ana

The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 2:55 am

Ok, EOD can be whenever. I'll leave the vote to Mutt2 if it ends before I'm up.
Back to top Go down
Rue
Papas frías
Rue

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 9:51 am

Marvel looks like she could own you. And who are we eating? The wife got hurt yesterday so I've been helping her.
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 10:29 am

Mutt1 wrote:
Marvel looks like she could own you. And who are we eating? The wife got hurt yesterday so I've been helping her.

I'm here. What shall we do?

I can act mostly whenever today.

Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 10:29 am

Mutt1 wrote:

We've been nipping at Carr for days.

I hate to leave a snack unfinished.

Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 11:51 am

Haven't you killed me enough for one day?!

The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 6826688574_8ba463537e
Back to top Go down
SweetIrony!
Papas frías
SweetIrony!

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 12:59 pm

Anyone seen Claudius the great?
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 1:05 pm

Every day.
Back to top Go down
SweetIrony!
Papas frías
SweetIrony!

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 1:08 pm

How do we end the day? Posting locked again? If so, how many mutt "lockeds" does it take?
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 1:09 pm

Yes. Two.
Back to top Go down
SweetIrony!
Papas frías
SweetIrony!

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 1:12 pm

Locked.
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 1:19 pm

Locked.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 1:23 pm

Maybe we should do the last round as sudden death?
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 1:24 pm

I have a feeling this will be it regardless
Back to top Go down
Ana
Papas frías
Ana

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 1:34 pm

!Carr

Locked.
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 1:56 pm

When this is over you guys can tell me just what put such a hair up your ass for me in this one.

WHY DO YOU GUYS LIKE CANCER SO MUCH?! Razz
Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
Spinal

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 2:34 pm

The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Mzl.jlhmbtzz.320x480-75
Back to top Go down
Ana
Papas frías
Ana

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 2:39 pm

Carr wrote:
When this is over you guys can tell me just what put such a hair up your ass for me in this one.

I just figure you've gotta run out of guards eventually and we might as well try to get rid of you before you can get more.
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 2:41 pm

!carr

LOCKED, COCKED AND AT FULL STOCK!

Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 2:50 pm

Carr wrote:

WHY DO YOU GUYS LIKE CANCER SO MUCH?! Razz

What I don't like, is someone not dying when I want them to!

Please don't disappoint me today.

How about you pop someone on your way out and I'll drink a beer in your honour later.

Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 2:52 pm

Clove, I highly approve of your charity change, I mean, every kid should have the opportunity to go to Disneyworld with Hulk Hogan, but I would prefer my own receive the benefit.

Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 2:53 pm

I've been taking care of a sick small person today. Been at the immediate care clinic.

Results are done, but I'm loathe to post them from my phone.

I'll give it to you when I get home.
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 3:02 pm

Claudius Templesmith wrote:
I've been taking care of a sick small person today. Been at the immediate care clinic.

Sucks buddy.

Been there.

Take care of your wee ones....let these snausages live a little longer.

Back to top Go down
Ana
Papas frías
Ana

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 3:44 pm

Awww hope the munchkin feels better soon!

Quote :

HAWT.
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 3:55 pm

That's how I say goodbye to my wife in the morning.

Back to top Go down
Ana
Papas frías
Ana

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 4:06 pm

Lucky girl.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:03 pm

Day Thirteen Results:

It has been nearly two exhausting weeks in The Arena. The superstitious among us might take note of the 13th day and sense the ominous. Unlucky for some perhaps.

The male Tribute from District One lucked upon a spear in the scuffle last night and took advantage of this opportunity to attack the weapon's previous possessor. Dizzied from the fierce competition and fight for survival, especially since the arrival of The Muttations -- those awful eyes! -- Marvel took a moment to take aim at her target, but hesitated too long. For in that moment, the female Tribute from District Two, Clove, now an Avox due to her trials in the Arena, pulled a fistful of sand from her backpack and lobbed it at Marvel's face, blinding him and causing his spear to fling far wide of its target.

That target -- Carr, the male Tribute from District Six -- decided to make the most of his once more extended chance at survival and victory. He pulled one of the remaining spears from his backpack and ran up behind Clove, preparing to shove it through his target. Clove, always known for her ruthlessness, grabbed the stunned Marvel and swung his dazed body in front of her own. Carr, running at top speed, speared Marvel unwittingly, but didn't care. He honestly believed his survival merely meant the death of all his human opponents. To Clove's surprise, Carr still had strength in him. The spear had pierced through her human shield, but had continued far enough to run her through as well. She looked down at her bloodied gut and dropped to her knees, alongside her kabob-mate Marvel.

Carr's hands were smothered in his enemies' blood. After all this time, he was no longer fazed by the blood on his hands. He had manipulated so many of their deaths. He was just relieved to take a moment to himself. To savor his victory.

Two cannons fired and broke the sound of his labored breathing. But where were the hovercraft?

Then the voice. That terrible voice that could only belong to Claudius Templesmith. That voice that meant he was about to be disappointed.

"Carr...The Gamemakers demand a Victor. There are still four of you left in the Arena."

Carr gave the finger to all the cameras he knew were capturing his every move.

"Very well, Carr. Your fate is in their hands, then."

The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 The_hyenas

Just then, snarling and vicious, The Mutt Pack began to encircle Carr. Despite his natural speed, he was outmatched with no where to run.

The 24th cannon of the 74th Annual Hunger Games was fired.

Mutt Kill: Carr (Village)
Attack: Clove (Village)
Consequence Kill: Marvel (Alliance)

In light of a plan that might have ended The Mutts' existences on their first day in The Arena...it is with a heavy heart and no shortage of shock that The Capitol announces...

The Mutts Win!!
Mutt1 - Graham (Rue) - Playing for an unanounced charity
Mutt 2 - Pokerguy (Claire) - Playing for IWK Health Centre Foundation
Mutt3 - Ana (Raile) - Playing for My Camp Sunshine

Congratulations, pups! I won't lie. I'm completely stunned to see all of you in the winners' circle. This was the least likely scenario in my mind as I plotted the game out. Thank you for proving to me once again that, when running a game, you just can't predict everything.

I'll be working to open everything up as soon as possible.

For now...I'll answer questions as they arise.

Last edited by Claudius Templesmith on Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:10 pm

I ended up hating the Mutts angle because with no way to kill them and no way to stop their kill, they could just campaign on anyone for multiple days, exhaust their finite resources and ultimately kill them. Some limit on their ability to just hound (pun intended) one of us would have helped. Obviously it was bad for me since I was that person, but it was also bad for the game because it extended us for even more days (which seemed to be the opposite of why they were brought in). There were multiple days where I was forced to guard instead of shoot. But the reason it frustrated me so was because I was so into the game before that point - it was pretty damn great and has made me want to see the movie.

I don't see how it was unlikely though, seeing as they couldn't be touched and we had a limited number on anything we could do.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:17 pm

Carr wrote:
I don't see how it was unlikely though, seeing as they couldn't be touched and we had a limited number on anything we could do.

Another kill would have finished each of them.

I expected them to draw all the Tributes' attention for a couple days while they forced a single target to guard themselves for a day, also giving the vigilant an opportunity to double tap the lynch target. I never expected you all to ignore them after one failed kill. There were 10 of you alive when they came into the game. Any single shot at one of them after the first day might have bolstered your hopes and chances. I did everything I could without stating their abilities and conditions outright to make the possibility of losing to them clear to the masses.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:18 pm

I also expected you to realize you had all the spears and to ask your fellow tributes to guard you for a day, knowing that if the Mutts killed you, nobody would have any weapons left and it would have just been a very slow game over.
Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
Spinal

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:18 pm

I had a blast, didn't think I would make it this far. And finding pictures to convey what I wanted to post was tough. If not for Carr and Marvel teaming up...

Ok big question who am I?

Also I'm almost finished with the book I'm of chapter 25.
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:20 pm

Wait, there was definitely a shot on one after that first day that also failed.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:20 pm

Clove wrote:

Even if you all hate me after the game, I'm glad I saw so much of this happening since the whole thing began.
Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
Spinal

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:21 pm

Clove wrote:

Even if you all hate me after the game, I'm glad I saw so much of this happening since the whole thing began.

I only hate that I had to post in "gestures" most of the time.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:22 pm

Carr wrote:

The blocks were hell. This game nearly ended the same way three or four times if not for well-placed blocks.

But again, I really anticipated more banding together to finish them. I was shocked to see The Mutts get essentially a free pass.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:23 pm

Clove wrote:

I know you were stressing over it, but I thought you were brilliant. Very fun. I'm glad that weapon popped back into the game and was used on someone who actually made the most of it instead of disappearing.
Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
Spinal

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:26 pm

I just thought that once there was one tribute left the game would end, and the Mutts wouldn't matter.
Back to top Go down
Lorene
Papas frías
Lorene

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:27 pm

Thanks for the heads up about spectating, that was a lot of fun. These books just bumped up to "next" on my reading list (just need to finish A Dance with Dragons first).
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:29 pm

Clove wrote:
I just thought that once there was one tribute left the game would end, and the Mutts wouldn't matter.

You guys kept saying that and I didn't understand why. These were real players who'd re-entered the game. How else could I motivate them except to make it possible to win? I tried to post as many different ways as I could without being completely explicit that the Mutts were trying to win this game.
Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
Spinal

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:31 pm

Clove wrote:

I know you were stressing over it, but I thought you were brilliant. Very fun. I'm glad that weapon popped back into the game and was used on someone who actually made the most of it instead of disappearing.

I tried at first to just show human "gestures' but just couldn't find enough and went to pictures. I'll never shy away from a posting restriction and try to make the best of it.

Mystery target power?

Clove wrote:

You guys kept saying that and I didn't understand why. These were real players who'd re-entered the game. How else could I motivate them except to make it possible to win? I tried to post as many different ways as I could without being completely explicit that the Mutts were trying to win this game.

Well I had nothing to fight them with anyway at the end.

Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:34 pm

Clove wrote:
Mystery target power?

It's what killed Marvel today. It was the consequence for your death. You took somebody with you.

Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Carr wrote:

The blocks were hell. This game nearly ended the same way three or four times if not for well-placed blocks.

But again, I really anticipated more banding together to finish them. I was shocked to see The Mutts get essentially a free pass.

People were loathe to risk wasting finite resources on players who, for all appearances, could not be affected by us when they already were having to get rid of what, 7 other people when the Mutts showed up? Maybe if failed items weren't lost, or we had some way to know that they would actually work at some point (a "HIT" or "SUCCESS" instead of "FAILED" maybe?) or any ability to find something out about them.

Again, I don't want this to be the take-away from the game, I enjoyed the hell out of it. It's like the first VA game: whole lots of awesome, ending kind of sucked but I'll get over it.

Last edited by Carr on Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:45 pm

I posted this on day 7 on page 2. It was a busy day though:

Quote :
You may give my winnings to these tiny humans:

http://iwkfoundation.org/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter   The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Final Days - Lambs to the Slaughter
Page 13 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next