HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Neptune
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:14 am

Seneca Crane wrote:
(I suggest the inner thigh/to the side of your poontangal area for your placement. I have a teeny little ladybug there and have never regretted the size OR placement.)

Curious about this.....a permanent ladybug crawling up your leg?
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:15 am

Neptune wrote:
Octave wrote:
Well, Neptune is pretty well-stocked himself.

Really?

I disagree. I've got a few guards, sure, but they are items. No passive protection, I have to use my turn to use the item and protect myself.

As for offensive? A net? A single knife?

Please. I'm well-stocked only in number, not in effect or ability.

How did you keep from dying from the poison for all those days with no antidote or passive protection?

It was your Token, wasn't it?
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:18 am

Octave wrote:
How did you keep from dying from the poison for all those days with no antidote or passive protection?

It was your Token, wasn't it?

It was. I had a starfish token. Knew I could withstand a set number of hits. That is why I knew exactly when I had to drink the antidote. Lost my token because of the fireballs, though.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:25 am

I have a tat of a starfish on my ...

nvm
Back to top Go down
new bird
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:26 am

Carr wrote:
Mr. Flickerman, if you'd like a true insight into the toll it takes on one's psyche to make it deep into the Games, I'd like to give you a no-holds-barred exclusive! The depths we've delved to, the interpersonal drama among tributes (where did love spring up and hate rear its shameful head?). Depression! Jealousy! Death! Triumph! It's all here, and it's all yours. Ask away.

Carr, I did so love your initial interview we had together. I would be more than happy to discuss how the arena has taken its toll on you and your fellow tributes. Perhaps while I enjoy a milkshake.
Back to top Go down
new bird
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:34 am

Good morning Tributes! The sun has risen on another glorious day. The sponsors and I (and all of Panem) are simply beside ourselves. We can see the stress the arena has taken on each of you, but we are ready to hear just how affected each of you are. I will be posting questions for all the tributes to answer if they so choose. Remember, your responses may put you at an even greater advantage to survive the games. And now, on with the show! Caeser
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:37 am

Octave wrote:

What's not understandable is how Carr overlooked his own inventory.

Arbor wrote:

Since its all out there, I have no problem revealing that the sand was a prize from the scavenger hunt. Since Carr won like four prizes, I'm thinking he loaded up today and its all new to him.

This - I honestly didn't even have it in my brain that I had it, but also I'm skeptical that it's long-range. You throw sand across 3 squares? We'll see - if so then great but based on how the other items and weapons are based I figured it had to be someone adjacent.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:42 am

Carr wrote:
This - I honestly didn't even have it in my brain that I had it, but also I'm skeptical that it's long-range. You throw sand across 3 squares? We'll see - if so then great but based on how the other items and weapons are based I figured it had to be someone adjacent.
That's a valid point. But since it doesn't have a location restriction mentioned in its description I assume it can be used on anyone. Anywhere.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:45 am

And a bright good morning to you, too, Caesar! It's music to my ears hearing your soft yet sonorous and melodious voice again!
Back to top Go down
Jennie
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:49 am

My powers have been submitted for the day.

I've used the first aid on Clove and attacked Octave. I also choose to stay in my current location. Do with that what you want. I don't have time to play today because my boss is out of town and I have a ton of work to do. Plus there are 2 guys rewiring my office which is making my job even harder.
Back to top Go down
new bird
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:50 am

Tributes! I would like to take this time to say congratulations, to get this far in the Hunger Games takes more than luck. You have all proven you have what it takes to be a Victor. Now my first question.

At this point in the games, and especially with the rule change, the advantage of having a district partner radically changes game play. With all of Panem watching the games, including the families of every tribute, it is more important than ever to try and save your partner.

Tell me tributes, how do you deal with the added of stress of keeping another player alive?
Back to top Go down
Jennie
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:04 pm

Personally the choice to save another over myself has been an easy decision. I knew from the beginning it was in my best interest to help others in this game. I knew Carr's identity and weakness early in the game and the alliance made a conscious decision to not attack him. I've also offered my assistance to Clove at every turn despite her attempts to poison me. A win for her is still a win for my district and my family and friends.
Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:06 pm

Caesar Flickerman wrote:
Tell me tributes, how do you deal with the added of stress of keeping another player alive?

Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:10 pm

Neptune wrote:
Seneca Crane wrote:
(I suggest the inner thigh/to the side of your poontangal area for your placement. I have a teeny little ladybug there and have never regretted the size OR placement.)

Curious about this.....a permanent ladybug crawling up your leg?

Kinda. More like trying to get him some.

edit: to be clear, it's smaller than a dime -- it really is eensy.

Last edited by Seneca Crane on Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Katniss
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:13 pm

bravo clove.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:19 pm

Enough Tweeting for you today, Octave?
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:31 pm

Caesar Flickerman wrote:

I pushed people away as soon as I could - Raile and I did not attack each other (it would have just destroyed my mother if I had) but we did not co-ordinate and she knew I was not there for her. It was torture trying to sleep at night hearing her call for help and an antidote, dying of poison. But cutting that off clean at the beginning made it as easier as it could be - having to work in the trenches together and THEN having to let go. Not to mention if there came a time where we did have to face each other, it was more possible to know it from the starting gun.

It makes for a longer, lonelier road to take on the Hunger Games being truly alone - but the truth is we're ALL really alone, there's nobody here who won't cave in their district mate's head with a rock if they had to. Acknowledging that sooner just lets me be prepared for that situation and ready to do all that is necessary rather than trying to fool myself until the moment of truth.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:35 pm

Caesar Flickerman wrote:
Caesar, I have a confession to make. I can tell you, right? On Day 2 I was alone and confused and totally disoriented. I was not handling the stress of the Arena very well. Not only was I trying to defend myself from my fellow Tributes, but I had also been attacked by the Alliance. And there was probably another Alliance out there as well. And I was all alone and by myself.

And there were so many names that sounded the same to my ears: Clove and Cato and Cable and Claire and Carr and Quinoa. They all blurred together into one.

So when I heard someone say they had a Token that would protect them from the Alliance I knew that I wanted it. Getting that would keep me sane and keep me alive. I mean, I had already been attacked by them once. Who knew when they were going to come after me again? I had to get that Token. That became my only goal.

How was I going to get it? I could steal it, but he was too far away. We had run in different directions to escape the bloodbath at the Cornucopia.

So how was I going to get it? Well, my Token, my dead fuse, allowed me to get an item from a dead Tribute each day. On Day 1, after I survived the attack from the Alliance, I was given a Blow Dart gun, with three poisoned darts. I guess it must have come from Glimmer. That was the only thing I could use to attack the Tribute who had the Token that I wanted. That I desired. That I knew I had to have if I was going to stay alive.

So, in my daze, I blew a dart at the guy who was carelessly bragging about his Token. The Token that would let me live. The one thing that I obsessed over. That would be my salvation and saving grace. That I would stop at nothing to get.

It wasn't until I woke up the next day that I realized what I had done. Who I had done in. I had poisoned Cable. Cable, the male Tribute from District 3. District 3. My District. My Partner. I had been so confused. How could I have done this? I had no excuse.

I regret that I did this every second of every day that I am alive. I vowed to avenge Cable's death and I will. I just don't know the best way to honor Cable and his memory and his family. And his District. Yes, his district. I can't return to District 3. I can't be the Victor and face his family. And see them every day and be reminded every day of what I did.

Thank you, Caesar. Thank you for letting me get this out in the open. I feel so ashamed. So horrible.

I'm so sorry, Cable. I know one day we will meet again, and I hope that you will find it in your heart to forgive me.

Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:38 pm

Caesar Flickerman wrote:

What stress?

Cordelia and I are from District 4. Our entire lives have prepared us for this moment. I don't worry about her and she has no need to worry about me. I have complete and utter faith that we are both up to this challenge.
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:39 pm

Confused my ass, Octave - you went for the win, that's what all of us are doing. OWN it or seal your own fate if you hesitate to do the same again.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:48 pm

You Tributes want to play a game today?
Back to top Go down
Jennie
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:50 pm

The first thing I'm going to do if I make it out of the Arena alive is hug my family. I will then prepare a feast in honor of the Capitol and my sponsors. Without them I would have never survived the relentless attacks from the other tributes.
Back to top Go down
Amp
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:52 pm

My charity.

http://www.victimsofviolence.on.ca/rev2/index.php

There is no added stress with the new rule. I had already been looking out for my district mate for some time now
Back to top Go down
Amp
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:54 pm

Claudius Templesmith wrote:
You Tributes want to play a game today?

I'll probably be asleep by the time it hits but sure.
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:01 pm

Once I exit the arena the first thing I will do is bathe for about 2 days straight - then I will bring my family to meet the amazing Sponsors and we will all celebrate together with music, champagne, dancing, an extravagant gala worthy of the event and their status.

Then, knowing my survival skills are razor focused and at their best...I will use them to beat Kate Upton in a staring contest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0kUhWKtpxSc

(yes I know you can embed but I wasn't sure who would want this facing them at work)
Back to top Go down
Dileo33
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:07 pm

My feelings on playing with another have already been spoken. It was motivational and comforting knowing someone had my back. Now with her gone, I now play for the both of us, for the honor of our district and our friendship.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:09 pm

TRIBUTES:

I want you to go sponsor-hunting.

I'll make you fishers of men and send you into the world to gather more people to talk about you behind your backs. Have them sign up for the board and send us an email at vahungergames@gmail.com telling us who they are and who sent them.

Whoever collects the most sponsors before midnight CDT (they must make at least one post on the board) will receive immunity for Day Seven.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:15 pm

And in a game with expectations this low...even one Sponsor could determine the winner.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:25 pm

Cato wrote:
The first thing I'm going to do if I make it out of the Arena alive is hug my family. I will then prepare a feast in honor of the Capitol and my sponsors. Without them I would have never survived the relentless attacks from the other tributes.

What family? I left arrangements before entering the arena. If I perish, so will your family.

District 4 thinks ahead. And backs up its own, without mercy or compassion. We learned from the sea, you see.
Back to top Go down
Albert B
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:42 pm

Octave wrote:
Cato wrote:
GAVUBB!!!

for reels? I cnt eben do a bad imperzonation of Gavub and im tryeing relly realy hard!

I was thinking some guy that likes my frozen crotch (lol.... lets try p o k e r).

Caesar Flickerman wrote:
Tributes! I would like to take this time to say congratulations, to get this far in the Hunger Games takes more than luck. You have all proven you have what it takes to be a Victor. Now my first question.

At this point in the games, and especially with the rule change, the advantage of having a district partner radically changes game play. With all of Panem watching the games, including the families of every tribute, it is more important than ever to try and save your partner.

There isn't much stress! We have trained for this and are sure that in the end Neptune and myself will be back in District 4 eating fish tacos and drinking Coronas.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:43 pm

Cordelia wrote:
I was thinking some guy that likes my frozen crotch

Nope. Never getting old.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:50 pm

Guys, I love all your charities. I hope you all win.

I don't belong in the Arena.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:52 pm

Despite my role in the Games, I'm humbled to see you all take a stand for something. I don't like anything well enough to choose a charity of my own, but I think this may be my absolute favorite part of the game.
Back to top Go down
Dileo33
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:56 pm

I have consulted our illustrious gamemakers and have found out the sand is not location based. It can be used on anyone. So I will be using mine on Cato.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:58 pm

Ya hear that, Caesar? Illustrious!
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:07 pm

One.

One new sponsor, ha ha ha!

Back to top Go down
Jennie
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:22 pm

For the audiences entertainment.

Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:25 pm

Claudius Templesmith wrote:
One.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgZ4ammawyI
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:25 pm

Cato wrote:
For the audiences entertainment.

So you'd kill a pregnant Sasquatch? Ruthless.
Back to top Go down
Jennie
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:27 pm

2 kills with only 1 attack
Back to top Go down
Katniss
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:29 pm

sick.
Back to top Go down
Jennie
Papas frías

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:31 pm

It's in reference to the Twitter, people. I'm not a beast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm   

Back to top Go down

Day Six - The Calm After the Firestorm
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The 74th Annual Hunger Games :: The Hunger Games :: The Arena-
Jump to: