The 74th Annual Hunger Games

A place for Capitol Punishment.
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Day Four - District Pairs

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Dileo33
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:47 am

Unfortunately I don't have much to work with tonight. I'm going to search my area to see if Gimp left anything behind (thanks for the gravesite rendering, Neptune).

My other action is where I go next. I can either go down to C1 where Cato will be waiting if the net works or I can go back to B2 and see if any of those corpses left behind something useful. I'm open to suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Dileo33
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:14 am

Claudius Templesmith wrote:
INSTANT REPLAY:

The Sponsors want you to know which posts really gripped their imaginations yesterday and earned the day's gifts.

So the winners were Katniss, Cato, Neptune (assuming his edited version took the prize), Quinoa and Cato again.

Katniss is out of play and Cato won't be telling us anything.

So - Neptune and Quinoa - did you get anything good? More to the point, did Cato get anything that could either explain yesterday's guarding or interfere with today's plans?
Back to top Go down
Amp
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:35 am

Octave wrote:
The rules shouldn't be changed in the middle of a game.

Especially in the middle of the Hunger Games.

It's actually what happened in the book.
Back to top Go down
Jennie
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:37 am

I was rewarded with ample prizes for entertaining my audience. Win the favor of the people and you too shall find the odds to be in your favor.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:55 am

Arbor wrote:
So - Neptune and Quinoa - did you get anything good? More to the point, did Cato get anything that could either explain yesterday's guarding or interfere with today's plans?

My post earned me an antidote. It saved my life.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:27 am

Octave wrote:
These all say today. So are they all happening today?

But the first one also says were. So is that referring to yesterday? Or does it also refer to today?

Yes, the wording is tricky throughout, I find.

My net description says the targeted player will not be able to move "the next day".

Yet, to this point, it works the day I submit it, not the following day.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:29 am

Octave wrote:

List of remaining female tributes:
Clove (District 1)
Octave (District 3)
Cordelia (District 4)
Foxface (District 5)
Raile (District 6)
Aspen (District 7)
Quinoa (District 9)
Claire (District 10)
Katniss (District 12)

Cordelia, if you are protecting that filthy Gato, I will slit your throat myself. Being District 4 only grants you this much *illustrates with thumb and forefinger an inch apart* leeway.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:32 am

Octave wrote:
They will never go hungry again, for the odds are ever in their favor!

By definition, the odds are never in our favor.

1 in 23? Ouch. Them be some cuban guy in miami on a boat type odds.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:35 am

Quinoa wrote:
Neptune was looking for a cure for his poisoning so I asked if the token would work. The answer is cryptic so I'm not sure if my thinking (that it can only be used by me) is correct or not. It is worth pondering though.

I'm not certain, but I have reason to believe that the tokens are specific to the player or district pair. I don't believe they'll work to help others. Its just that losing a token could be quite painful to the player that started with it....
Back to top Go down
Lorene
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:22 am

Claudius Templesmith wrote:

Today, it may be their wrath you must escape, and not their favor you try to earn.
Commence with the wooing. I want to see you smile through your tears. Those who entertain me enough may be spared if that's what to come.

If you could gift me with anything in the world, what would it be? Bonus points for humor and/or spectacular visuals.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:31 am

Octavia, or should I call you Augustus, sir?

My first offering - some words of wisdom. Tiberius is a paranoid fool. Do not leave your empire in his hands.
Back to top Go down
Jennie
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:32 am

Octavia of the Capitol, with your hair so fair.
How I wish myself noble so that you may care.
For my sword strikes for thee and my heart find me on bended knee.
Octavia of the Capitol,
Will you sponsor me?
Back to top Go down
Jennie
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:35 am

Octavia, for your culinary pleasure, I present to you one last token of my appreciation. These are the finest tomatoes in all of District 2. May you find them satisfactory for a woman of your noble breed.

Back to top Go down
Lorene
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:36 am

Cato wrote:
Octavia of the Capitol, with your hair so fair.
How I wish myself noble so that you may care.
For my sword strikes for thee and my heart find me on bended knee.
Octavia of the Capitol,
Will you sponsor me?
I just may as that was delightful. Those and your fabulous offerings will be taken into consideration at days end.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:58 am

Tomatoes? Is that all?

If that suffices to meet your needs, Octavia, then maybe I should be appealing to a sponsor with better judgment and tastes.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:03 pm

For those sponsors with more discerning palates, I've got the grill nice and hot. Should be ready for y'all in just a minute:

Back to top Go down
Lorene
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:25 pm

Normally lobster would please me greatly.

That being said, the offering in front of the lobster is of unknown origin and looks like a grilled prairie oyster. Away with your mystery meats.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:28 pm

Delicious scallops, slightly blurred, to focus on the foreground offering. I have mastered the sea. My camera work? Admittedly shabby. I apologize.
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:35 pm

Octavia, if you are gracious enough to give me a brief window of time I shall prove my dedication goes beyond those with Google and a keyboard. Are you waiting until more towards EOD to make your (surely wise) decision?
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:36 pm

Octave wrote:

Unless there are two different Alliances.

This is where I ultimately ended up too - that even though we saw two deaths marked "Alliance" they were actually separate ones. So there could have been someone left to guard Cato...but it would have to be female (right? considering the announcement regarding yesterday) - has anyone listed out who people are by gender? Because the names don't super give it away, the made-up ones in particular.


I know I'm the male tribute from 6 so Raille is a girl.


ETA: Gracias, Octave

Octave wrote:

List of remaining female tributes:
Clove (District 1)
Octave (District 3)
Cordelia (District 4)
Foxface (District 5)
Raile (District 6)
Aspen (District 7)
Quinoa (District 9)
Claire (District 10)
Katniss (District 12)

Katniss is OOP today so we can't do much there, but the others merit looking at - what was up with Foxface's weird-ass post about Cato yesterday?


Last edited by Carr on Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lorene
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:44 pm

Carr wrote:
Octavia, if you are gracious enough to give me a brief window of time I shall prove my dedication goes beyond those with Google and a keyboard. Are you waiting until more towards EOD to make your (surely wise) decision?
Most certainly, and your stated intent has piqued my interest.
Back to top Go down
Lorene
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:47 pm

Neptune wrote:
Delicious scallops, slightly blurred, to focus on the foreground offering. I have mastered the sea. My camera work? Admittedly shabby. I apologize.
Scallops are lovely, you may create my luncheon while I peruse the Scavenger Albums.
Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:00 pm



Eat apple
Move to C1


Sorry to all, that my participation has not been up to the caliber that was expected of me. (OOC - My wife has made this weekend extremely busy)
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:01 pm

Cato wrote:
Octavia, for your culinary pleasure, I present to you one last token of my appreciation. These are the finest tomatoes in all of District 2. May you find them satisfactory for a woman of your noble breed.


Looks like you could do with some of Arbor or I's (my?) wood to make that bench more safe, terrible upkeep there, Cato.


Last edited by Aspen on Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:02 pm

Clove wrote:

Sorry to all, that my participation has not been up to the caliber that was expected of me. (OOC - My wife has made this weekend extremely busy)

Steal from Cato!
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:03 pm

Aspen wrote:
Looks like you could do with some of Arbor or I'd wood to make that bench more safe, terrible upkeep there, Cato.

You don't think the wood rot adds some flavor?
Or is he trying to poison Octavia??
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:04 pm

That bench is ugly. I wouldn't feed slop to my pigs off of that.

Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:07 pm

Neptune wrote:
Aspen wrote:
Looks like you could do with some of Arbor or I'd wood to make that bench more safe, terrible upkeep there, Cato.

You don't think the wood rot adds some flavor?
Or is he trying to poison Octavia??

Claire wrote:
That bench is ugly. I wouldn't feed slop to my pigs off of that.


A slap in the face, if I've ever seen one. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:08 pm

From the looks of it (just caught up) unless he picked up something that operates passively to further protect him, he has to have a female.

The only other option is that the other alliance, if one there be, has a female who kept him safe so we continue to focus on him while they move forward out of the eyes of others.

We killed two alliance members, they were either both his and he is currently alone or we killed one from each which means we have big problems still.

Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:08 pm

Neptune wrote:
Clove wrote:

Sorry to all, that my participation has not been up to the caliber that was expected of me. (OOC - My wife has made this weekend extremely busy)

Steal from Cato!

If I'm not mistaken, I need to eat or steal and I choose to eat.

Can I do both?
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:10 pm

I believe they mean tomorrow, Clove - Neptune has said that he'll hold Cato where he is so based on your posted move you should both be in C1 tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:12 pm

Also I have a mystery power that I have used on Quinona day 1, Marvel day 2, and Amp day 3.

Do any of you know what it did, should I use on Cato?
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:13 pm



Search for Item
Move to C2

I believe I'm in C3 but I'm not on the map and it's not of my doing.
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:14 pm

Clove wrote:
Also I have a mystery power that I have used on Quinona day 1, Marvel day 2, and Amp day 3.

Do any of you know what it did, should I use on Cato?

The only weird thing that happened to me on Day 1 was my movement seemed to be misdirected and blocked. I thought it was Neptune but maybe there was something in your power as well.
Back to top Go down
Jennie
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:17 pm

Carr wrote:
Octavia, if you are gracious enough to give me a brief window of time I shall prove my dedication goes beyond those with Google and a keyboard. Are you waiting until more towards EOD to make your (surely wise) decision?

You insult me with your claim. The tomatoes presented to Octavia are those which were cultivated by my own hands. In regards to the swing, it was built by my great grandfather a century past. Every crack represents a piece of my ancestry. To alter it's appearance would surely insult those who gave me life.

Clove wrote:
Neptune wrote:
Clove wrote:

Sorry to all, that my participation has not been up to the caliber that was expected of me. (OOC - My wife has made this weekend extremely busy)

Steal from Cato!

If I'm not mistaken, I need to eat or steal and I choose to eat.

Can I do both?

Clove, if you should choose to strike against Neptune rather than myself, I shall feed you this night. You shall not feel the sting of famine any longer and together we might survive to a time of victory. What say you?
Back to top Go down
Dileo33
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:20 pm

Neptune wrote:

Steal from Cato!

I thought only you and Carr can do that today.

Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:22 pm

check my last post, Arbor
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:25 pm

Octave wrote:
List of remaining female tributes:
Clove (District 1)
Octave (District 3)
Cordelia (District 4)
Foxface (District 5)
Raile (District 6)
Aspen (District 7)
Quinoa (District 9)
Claire (District 10)
Katniss (District 12)

There's a mistake in the list I posted. Clove is actually from District 2.

Also, I'm assuming that Marvel is male (and Glimmer was female) from District 1.


Remaining female tributes:
Clove (District 2)
Octave (District 3)
Cordelia (District 4)
Foxface (District 5)
Raile (District 6)
Aspen (District 7)
Quinoa (District 9)
Claire (District 10)
Katniss (District 12)

Remaining male tributes:
Marvel (District 1)
Cato (District 2)
Neptune (District 4)
Amp (District 5)
Carr (District 6)
Arbor (District 7)
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:26 pm

I posted this a while back:


Still Paired:
District 2
Clove (Critical), Cato
District 4
Cordelia (Critical), Neptune (Poisoned)
District 5
Foxface, Amp
District 6
Raile (Poisoned), Carr
District 7
Arbor, Aspen (Critical)

General thoughts:
1. I think there is another Alliance, besides Cato's.
2. Call me crazy but I have a feeling there will be a lot of deaths today.
3. With the new rule we need to consider the district pairings. The pair that has the best chance of making it (at least at this moment) is Foxface and Amp. If any of us single Tributes want to make it to the end we have to break them up.

For that reason:
!Amp
Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:26 pm

Cato wrote:
Clove, if you should choose to strike against Neptune rather than myself, I shall feed you this night. You shall not feel the sting of famine any longer and together we might survive to a time of victory. What say you?

How can I trust you? You have already brought shame to our district by your actions.
Back to top Go down
Dileo33
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:27 pm

Carr wrote:
check my last post, Arbor

I saw that but to be fair, it was your speculation. I would like to hear if that was actually Neptune's intent or if he was mistaking Clove for you.
Back to top Go down
Lorene
Papas frías
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:32 pm

Octavia wrote:
Claudius Templesmith wrote:

Today, it may be their wrath you must escape, and not their favor you try to earn.
Commence with the wooing. I want to see you smile through your tears. Those who entertain me enough may be spared if that's what to come.

If you could gift me with anything in the world, what would it be? Bonus points for humor and/or spectacular visuals.
I've noted that many of you are choosing not to honor me with entertainment, attention and gifts.

Do so at your own risk but I predict additional bloodshed and tears by days end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   

Back to top Go down
 
Day Four - District Pairs
Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The 74th Annual Hunger Games :: The Hunger Games :: The Arena-
Jump to: