The 74th Annual Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 74th Annual Hunger Games

A place for Capitol Punishment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Day Four - District Pairs

Go down 
+12
Ana
Albert B
Jennie
Lady Shyka
Poker
Gargoyle Geek
Spinal
Neptune
Dileo33
forehead
Celtic
bad_jon.
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

Day Four - District Pairs Empty
PostSubject: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 6:14 pm

Two more cannons were heard as the moon rose into the sky.

Day Four - District Pairs Juice-1-1

Day Four - District Pairs Xngtro

Day Three Results

Village Lynch: Cato (Guarded)
Alliance Lynch 1: Marvel (Failed)
Alliance Lynch 2: Clove (Failed)
Bonus Alliance Lynch: Rue (Village)
Attack: Cato (Guarded)
Attack: Clove (Failed)
Poison: Katniss
Poison: Raile
Poison: Cato (Guarded)
Poison death: Neptune (Failed)
Poison Death: Cable (Village)

Due to Holden's death on Day Two, all male Tribute's actions were cancelled today.

Due to Rue's death, Katniss is Out of Play today.

Due to Cable's death, all powers must be submitted publicly in The Arena today. Submit your powers once, please. They may not be changed. In the post with your power submissions, please put your avatar at the top of the post.

Public Item Search: Marvel
Primary Item: Spear shaft. Combine this with a spear head to use this as a single use short-ranged attack.
Backpack 1: Thin plastic square. Single-use self-guard.
Backpack 2: Empty
Backpack 3: Empty
Backpack 4: Empty
Token: Bronze Coin. As long as you have this token, you will absorb any attacks on you, to be used the next day.

Map Results:
A1: Katniss, Raile
A2: Aspen, Amp
A3: Foxface, Marvel
B1: Arbor
B2: Claire
B3: Clove, Cordelia
C1: Carr, Neptune, Cato
C2:
C3:

Last edited by Claudius Templesmith on Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 6:16 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Hello Tributes. As we draw nearer to an end, the gamemakers have decided to make an impromptu alteration to the rules. This is a very strange change to the rules and is certainly unprecedented during my tenure at The Hunger Games.

As the amended rules state, the last district pair to survive together until there are four remaining tributes will be declared automatic winners, independent of any current team affiliations.

Let me say that again. If any two tributes from the same district are the last pair to remain standing, they will win the 74th Annual Hunger Games as an independent duo. Mind you, they’ll need to survive until the final four to make it official. But, this is an exciting new development, nonetheless. May the odds ever be in your favor, Tributes.
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 6:21 pm

So nobody's steal went through.

Fuck.

(ETA: Wait, is Neptune male or female?)

Claudius Templesmith wrote:

Token: Bronze Coin. As long as you have this token, you will absorb any attacks on you, to be used the next day.

Double fuck.

Last edited by Carr on Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 6:23 pm

God dammit, Cable!
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 6:24 pm

Carr wrote:
So nobody's steal went through.

Fuck.

Double fuck.

As per, Marvel, who have you used your 2/3 attacks on?
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 6:27 pm

I only got one and it hasn't been used yet.
Back to top Go down
Dileo33
Papas frías
Dileo33

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 6:29 pm

Interesting that the alliance lynch on Marvel is considered an attack. It clearly says failed, not guarded. Would it be that way with a village lynch too? Meaning the only way of killing Marvel is by stealing the coin.
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 6:32 pm

Five silver parachutes drift down from the sky.

Needless to say...the Sponsors were not entirely impressed by your performances yesterday.

Today, it may be their wrath you must escape, and not their favor you try to earn.
Back to top Go down
Dileo33
Papas frías
Dileo33

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 6:39 pm

Due to Holden's death on Day Two, all male Tribute's actions were cancelled today.

Wait, cancelled day 3 or cancelled for today day 4?

Because if it was day 3, Cato is male and shouldn't have been able to use his tent to guard himself. I guess its possible one of his female alliance mates hooked him up.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 6:41 pm

Carr wrote:

XY
Back to top Go down
Dileo33
Papas frías
Dileo33

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 6:54 pm

Hey Neptune, how come Cable died so quickly after his poisoning yet you're still here?

Did you get an antidote?
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 6:58 pm

INSTANT REPLAY:

The Sponsors want you to know which posts really gripped their imaginations yesterday and earned the day's gifts.

Number 5:

Quote :
2. Write me a song of love and hate, of victory and defeat.

I love to hate the world I am in.
Tomorrow my life starts over again.
Victorious on the field while my heart has bled
Defeated as my love;
Hating that my love,
Missing the love that is dead.

Number 4:

Quote :
Catching Fire
Day Four - District Pairs J5kNw

Number 3:

Quote :
Alone and Afraid
Fight for honor, Fight for fame
Victory awaits, Neptune the great

Number 2:

Quote :
Counting: Not a strength of District 4.

And the top post of the day...

Quote :
Caesar humanizes all of us. He brings names to faces. He brings families to names. In this arena he is the voice of the people. He asks the questions that beg for answers. He is the fourth wall.

The blood he wills is red.
The hair he wears is blue.
Caesar Flickerman, the audience and the tributes all love you.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 7:13 pm

Arbor wrote:
Hey Neptune, how come Cable died so quickly after his poisoning yet you're still here?

Did you get an antidote?

I'm more resilient, obviously. I think its all the vitamin D from the sun.

And yes, someone was kind enough to provide me with the antidote.

I'll keep Cato pinned to C1. Everyone should be hurting him, stealing from him, and moving closer to him until we can finish him off.
Back to top Go down
Dileo33
Papas frías
Dileo33

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 8:25 pm

I'm not sure if lynching Cato tonight will do any good. He still has at least one use of that tent to guard him from all attacks.

Since we know Marvel has at least one and I think Carr has copped to having an attack, can one of you throw it at Cato just so he uses the tent up and we can lynch him tomorrow and focus the village lynch elsewhere tonight?

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
Spinal

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 8:26 pm

You in the Alliance will have to do better than that if you think you can stop me, I am worth more than the total of you.

Who was foolish enough to attack me? It doesn't matter I think you learned not to do that again.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 8:36 pm

This is a scavenger hunt. You will have the weekend to complete the task, but you are encouraged to take unique photos that represent the list of items we would like you to find to stay alive. Throughout the weekend, we’ll post more on Twitter, so follow along...but begin now with these few items:

Mockingjay
Bread
Berries

Mocking Jay, in their natural environment
Day Four - District Pairs Mockingjayj

Bread (real bread not the pre-sliced store stuff)
Day Four - District Pairs Breada

Mangoes (this is as close to we get to Berries in District 4!.....painted by my grandma!)
Day Four - District Pairs Mangos

(all real pics by me)
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 8:49 pm

This is Fredrick Claudius ZeFony, my boyfriend back in District 9. Well, he WAS my boyfriend. May he rest in peace:

Day Four - District Pairs Strongman

He thought it would be a good idea to try to catch a fireball from a back-firing tractor.
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 9:55 pm

Arbor wrote:
I'm not sure if lynching Cato tonight will do any good. He still has at least one use of that tent to guard him from all attacks.

Since we know Marvel has at least one and I think Carr has copped to having an attack, can one of you throw it at Cato just so he uses the tent up and we can lynch him tomorrow and focus the village lynch elsewhere tonight?

Thoughts?

I don't think we have much of a choice save to attack and use up his tent. I agree that it would be nice if we could count on those attacks, but are they limited use attacks and would they be willing to give those up to take down the alliance and lose the advantage they have over the rest of us?

Was his regular protection from two attacks on one day and two single attacks on sequential days?

Until we get a firm commitment from the boys with the attacks, we should move ahead.

!Cato

Back to top Go down
Lady Shyka
Gamemaker
Lady Shyka

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 10:03 pm

Hunger Report

Two more cannons were heard.

Day Four - District Pairs 163172_1762433829660_1503532662_1849735_4372822_n-1
Day Four - District Pairs Xs7hDb

Starved to Death: Aramid (Village)
Starved to Death: Rush (Village)

Danger: Amp, Carr, Cato, Foxface, Marvel, Raile

CRITICAL: Aspen, Clove, Cordelia, Octave

There are many ways to keep you from starvation.
Those in danger have 48 hours to combat your hunger. If you do not combat your hunger within 24 hours of being in danger, you will be escalated to critical.
Those critical have 24 hours to combat your hunger. If you don’t find a way to combat your hunger within 24 hours of being critical, you will die

The Gamemakers are very disappointed to see two Tributes just give up and die.
With that in mind, for every player who dies on the hunger report from now on, another active player will be killed alongside them.

Back to top Go down
Jennie
Papas frías
Jennie

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 10:12 pm

HAHAHAHAHA! You children believe you are sound mind and wit to compete with me, Cato?

I mock thee. For I have not only bested each of you in battle but I have also found favor in both art and verse.

For Ceasar: Gratitude. My alliance and I are very grateful for your generosity and for the opportunity to entertain.

For Clove: I think it necessary to protect you. I only hope that you may see the shared advantage in us working together.

For Foxface: If we should ever kill Marvel, we must steal his token. I look to you for assistance. Once stripped of his protection, I shall deliver the final blow, personally.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 10:19 pm

Due to Cable's death, all powers must be submitted publicly in The Arena today. Submit your powers once, please. They may not be changed. In the post with your power submissions, please put your avatar at the top of the post.

Day Four - District Pairs 8-51
Net Cato.
Steal from Cato.
Remain in C1 with Cato.

Lets dance, pussycat.
Back to top Go down
Albert B
Papas frías
Albert B

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 10:20 pm

This game could end very quickly. Since it seems that the level of posting needed is higher than the average game.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 10:25 pm

Cordelia, disappointment that you may be, you are still a District 4er at heart.....I can't sit idly by and watch you wither way. I know you've been watching your figure, but DAMN girl. Eat something. Please.
Back to top Go down
Albert B
Papas frías
Albert B

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 10:37 pm

Neptune wrote:
Cordelia, disappointment that you may be, you are still a District 4er at heart.....I can't sit idly by and watch you wither way. I know you've been watching your figure, but DAMN girl. Eat something. Please.

I'll let you live until the end. Once we are announced winner, there may be a blade coming for you.
Back to top Go down
Albert B
Papas frías
Albert B

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 10:40 pm

Also someone stole from me day two.

These were the people in the zone with me: Quinoa, Amp, Katniss, Foxface

The item that was stolen from me was a basket that redirects all votes on them on someone else. So, be careful.

Last edited by Cordelia on Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Eliminated dead players from the list)
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 10:44 pm

Cordelia wrote:
This game could end very quickly. Since it seems that the level of posting needed is higher than the average game.

Yeah wow, I'd like to think I've been one of the more active people yet there we see the list. I'll try to do better today, particularly in the morning.

So, Foxface on Marvel-stealing duty, then?
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 10:50 pm

Is anyone else's quote button gone? ETA: NM. Page was just stretched way out.

Cordelia: I realize I'm one of the suspects on your list but should you eliminate people who are now dead from the list? They could have stolen from you before they died.

I wasn't the thief BTW, not that you can believe me!

Last edited by Quinoa on Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 10:52 pm

I haven't seen a player list in quite a while. Here's what I've compiled. If anyone sees an error, let me know or fix it yourself.

Alive:
District 1 - Marvel
District 2 - Clove (Critical Hunger)
District 2 - Cato
District 3 - Octave (Critical Hunger)
District 4 - Cordelia (Critical Hunger)
District 4 - Neptune (Poisoned - Day 1)
District 5 - Foxface
District 5 - Amp
District 6 - Raile (Poisoned - Day 3)
District 6 - Carr
District 7 - Arbor
District 7 - Aspen (Critical Hunger)
District 9 - Quinoa
District 10 - Claire
District 12 - Katniss (Poisoned - Day 3)

Dead:
District 1 - Glimmer (Village Lynch - Day 1)
District 3 - Cable (Poisoned - Day 2, Died by Poison - Day 3)
District 8 - Rush (Died of Huner - Day 4)
District 8 - Aramid (Died of Hunger - Day 4)
District 9 - Holden (Attacked - Day 2)
District 10 - Gimp (Village Lynch - Day 2)
District 11 - Rue (Bonus Alliance Lynch - Day 3)
District 11 - Thresh (Village Lynch - Day 2)
District 12 - Peeta (Suicide Bomb - Day 2)

Still Paired:
District 2
Clove (Critical), Cato
District 4
Cordelia (Critical), Neptune (Poisoned)
District 5
Foxface, Amp
District 6
Raile (Poisoned), Carr
District 7
Arbor, Aspen (Critical)
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 10:55 pm

Plutarch suggested adjusting the hunger levels for the weekend, showing a despicable level of pity for all of you. He was nearly killed right there in the control booth for his weakness.

This is not a playground and you will not be coddled. We mean to cull a Victor worthy of the title. Remember, there are significant prizes on the horizon for the Tribute or Tributes who confirm their mettle in this Arena.

Plutarch has been spared despite his pathetic affection for each of you. Give him a show worthy of his continued existence. Or else. Showing up is only a fraction of what entertains us, but it may be the factor that determines whether you live to see tomorrow.

Make the most of the opportunities you've been given. Survival is no longer a luxury, tributes. After today, the punishments only become harsher.

You've been warned. May the odds be ever in your favor.
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 10:55 pm

Also, it stands to reason that Cato's recruitment would be held up as much as our stealing from him, so it really just delays the inevitable today - except he obviously won't use it today if he has to post his targets out in the open so this could be the chance for us prevent any further Alliance-spreading.
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:09 pm

For the Sponsors:

Day Four - District Pairs Alive

Day Four - District Pairs Shooter

Day Four - District Pairs PlayingDead

(BTW: That last picture, bad as it looks, is of a monkey playing dead.)

Last edited by Quinoa on Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ana
Papas frías
Ana

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:10 pm

Carr, buddy, we're in this together. Got anything like an antidote in your possession? I'm hungry, but sure I can take care of that on my own. I know it may be tempting to seek a solo victory, but I'm sure with the two of us working together, we can take care of all these tributes who foolishly think they have a chance at this thing. We shall bring district 6 pride! They may not think much of us yet, but we'll show them all.
Back to top Go down
Jennie
Papas frías
Jennie

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:13 pm

Clove, was your attempt to find food successful?
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:19 pm

Carr wrote:
Also, it stands to reason that Cato's recruitment would be held up as much as our stealing from him, so it really just delays the inevitable today - except he obviously won't use it today if he has to post his targets out in the open so this could be the chance for us prevent any further Alliance-spreading.

HIS alliance seems stalled, any thoughts on the other alliance (if it exists)? Seems like you can see more than most.
Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:19 pm

With powers needing to be submitted publically, does that include map movement and item choice?

edit: if it's just the power then I'd probably suggest the public revealler not use the reveal today, the allegiance will just kill you.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:32 pm

Carr wrote:
Yeah wow, I'd like to think I've been one of the more active people yet there we see the list. I'll try to do better today, particularly in the morning

Activity is not the only requirement. You must eat, friend.
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:35 pm

Cordelia wrote:

The level of poisoning seems higher than normal as well.
Back to top Go down
Jennie
Papas frías
Jennie

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:38 pm

I have intercepted a letter. It's author is unknown. It is addressed to Neptune.

Day Four - District Pairs GIt4a
Back to top Go down
Albert B
Papas frías
Albert B

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:51 pm

Quinoa wrote:
Is anyone else's quote button gone? ETA: NM. Page was just stretched way out.

Cordelia: I realize I'm one of the suspects on your list but should you eliminate people who are now dead from the list? They could have stolen from you before they died.

I wasn't the thief BTW, not that you can believe me!

I'm not trying to say kill the people there. Just giving a warning that one of those people might have an item that could save them from the lynch and give them control of it if we were to go after them.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:53 pm

Figured we may want to track where people are dying (in case they drop items, or in case the Alliance is moving in any pattern). Viola:

Day Four - District Pairs Hgmap
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:54 pm

Cato wrote:
I have intercepted a letter. It's author is unknown. It is addressed to Neptune.

Given that I've only insulted one organization....and you represent it....and yet you are unsure of its origin, I'm not worried. I have utter faith in your incompetence.
Back to top Go down
Jennie
Papas frías
Jennie

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 12:21 am

Your lack of foresight will be your demise, steve.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Day Four - District Pairs   Day Four - District Pairs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Day Four - District Pairs
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The 74th Annual Hunger Games :: The Hunger Games :: The Arena-
Jump to: