The 74th Annual Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 74th Annual Hunger Games

A place for Capitol Punishment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Day Two - The Sponsors

Go down 
+25
jennifer
Katniss
new bird
Gimp
Foxface
Lady Shyka
ASKEWD
Amp
Lorene
Spinal
Poppycox88
s l i t h y
Cable
Celtic
forehead
kelly
SweetIrony!
Dileo33
Albert B
Gargoyle Geek
Neptune
Ana
weeba
Rue
bad_jon.
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:12 pm

Them as in I don't know if you're a boy or girl.
Back to top Go down
Celtic
Papas frías
Celtic

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:27 pm

What are your thoughts on the last results now that you're here, Holden?
Back to top Go down
ASKEWD
Papas frías
ASKEWD

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:29 pm

Caesar Flickerman wrote:

Remember, the Capitol is watching and your responses may be the difference between life and death. Shall we put on a show?

Is this legit? Or is he just being hammy? Do the capital/Sponsors have the means to kill one of us?
Back to top Go down
Ana
Papas frías
Ana

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:32 pm

Not usually, no. But they do have the means to give things that may save lives.
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Papas frías
Gimp

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:38 pm

Anyone else bored?
Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:39 pm

Carr wrote:
What are your thoughts on the last results now that you're here, Holden?

Maybe the alliances are people from the same district that get to communicate with eachother in another way and eventually we'll all be allowed to do that should we all live?

Either way it's clear that there's more than two teams as I don't see Jon giving the mafia two attacks on day one.

As far as who died I don't really see how any one person would be more suspect than the other on day one since nobody knows who anyone else is so the mafia's probably chose randomly or based on who they didn't like so far?

Honestly I'm really confused in this game.
Back to top Go down
Katniss
Papas frías
Katniss

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:49 pm

Peeta wrote:
Raile wrote:

Forget that silly Katniss. What can she do, hunt? I can take you places.

Sorry, my heart beats but for her. Then, now ... and always.

swoon. let's work together.
Back to top Go down
new bird
Papas frías
new bird

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:50 pm

While we wait for Marvel to respond, let's move on to Cato from District 2.

1. There has been a lot of banter back and forth between the other tributes about what you bring to the table this Hunger Games, how do you respond to that?

2. How did you prepare for the Hunger Games back home in District 2? What would you say is your specialty?

3. If you could save yourself in the Arena by performing a specific task, would you A) Sing a song about your love for Claire B) Draw a picture of how you plan to kill your final competitor and post it or C) Do whatever it is one does for a Klondike bar?

Shall we put on a show?
Back to top Go down
Ana
Papas frías
Ana

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:53 pm

Gimp wrote:
Anyone else bored?

Sorry, I didn't realize we were here for your entertainment. I don't find fighting for my life boring at all.

!Gimp

Still bored?
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:56 pm

Gimp wrote:
Anyone else bored?

In 74 years, The Capitol has learned that death is the surest cure for boredom.

Yours can be arranged.
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:57 pm

Just got in from shortly after EOD. I am going back to catch up but I see some talk about where everyone is on this page. I wanted to mention something:

The move I submitted was to C2. I'm currently listed in B2. I prayed to the Gamemaker right after EOD but haven't received any response -- not even "Everything is as it's supposed to be".
So, I don't know if I was moved by some force or if it was a mistake.

Apologize if this is something that has been discussed but it seems like good info, if I was moved/redirected.
Back to top Go down
Ana
Papas frías
Ana

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:59 pm

Huh, interesting. Anyone else not allowed to make the move they submitted?
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:05 am

Arbor wrote:
Aspen wrote:
He/she did, and it's fucking on now. I can't get back at him/her though so you need to back me up, man.

You got it.

Vote for me

Between this and the loaded backpack, its too much. If you only started with the pepper spray and the socks, are you saying you got two items last night?

I can't imagine my backpack is an issue (since you all know what I have) but I'll try to be as clear as possible:

Started the game with:
--------------------------
Primary Item: Pepper Spray
Backpack #1 - Single use socks
Backpack #2 & #3 - Empty
Token: Poison Block

I searched for an item and found the Binoculars.

Arbor, to answer your question: I found one item, the Binoculars.

Everyone started with primary item & a token, right? I'm thinking different people had random backpack items, I had one.
Back to top Go down
Lorene
Papas frías
Lorene

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:07 am

Caesar Flickerman wrote:
While we wait for Marvel to respond, let's move on to Cato from District 2.

1. There has been a lot of banter back and forth between the other tributes about what you bring to the table this Hunger Games, how do you respond to that?

2. How did you prepare for the Hunger Games back home in District 2? What would you say is your specialty?

3. If you could save yourself in the Arena by performing a specific task, would you A) Sing a song about your love for Claire B) Draw a picture of how you plan to kill your final competitor and post it or C) Do whatever it is one does for a Klondike bar?

Shall we put on a show?
Yes! Oooo... pick C. Or B.
Back to top Go down
new bird
Papas frías
new bird

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:12 am

Clove, the darling from District 2, it is now your turn to WOW the spectators.

1. Tell me, if you could have brought anything into the arena with you, what would it be?

2. If you are victorious and are able to return home, what will you do first?

3. If you could be any kind of frozen delight, what would you be and why?

Your words may align you with a sponsor or two, shall we put on a show?
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Papas frías
Gimp

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:12 am

What have you actually done to fight for your life? Have you fended off any attackers? Have you attacked anyone?

Or have you merely run around in a panic?

Go ahead, vote for me, play Their Game. Base all of your decisions on whether it will entertain them; care about what they think of you, what they want from you, do whatever they want you to do. Give up all of your self-control, your dignity, your independence.

We can play Their Game, or we can play Our Game.

If you die playing Their Game, you die without honor, you are forgotten and dismissed as a silly little pawn; the best you can hope for is to go out big and end up in countless clip shows.

If you die playing Your Game, you die with integrity and you do not care what they think of you. You die on your terms, not the whims of the Capitol.

Death is not entertainment, it is not exciting or fun; it is a fact we must all face, whether in the Arena or in our District. I am grateful for the opportunity to confront my mortality, I would rather go out fighting for my life in the Arena than die in my sleep, old and alone in the Victors' Village.

I have an appreciation for life and death that many of you do not.

So yes, I am bored, because after the adrenaline wears off you have nothing to do but sit and wait, and waiting is boring.
Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:16 am

!Gimp

Shuddup Gimp. I'll play whatever damn game I have to, to make it to the end.
Back to top Go down
new bird
Papas frías
new bird

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:16 am

Gimp wrote:

Gimp, your words are captivating, do share.
Back to top Go down
SweetIrony!
Papas frías
SweetIrony!

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:17 am

Let's start with the remaining Tribute from District One.

1. So Marvel, tell us all a little more about where you come from. What was it like growing up in District One?

I trained my entire life for these Games and I volunteered to be here. I earned the respect of every member of my district with my great strength and skill. I intend to bring honor to my family.

2. Why do you think you are going to win the 74th Hunger Games? What makes you stand out from the other tributes in the arena?

As I indicated earlier, besides my natural abilities, I have by far the best training. More importantly, inner strength and iron will.

3. If you were trapped with Holden in a room with only a cake, what would you do?

Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Getcake-1

Last edited by Marvel on Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:18 am

Rue wrote:
Also if I remember the books correctly Foxface probably has some sick stealing and or hiding skills.

Is everyone thinking that the characters/powers align with the books? At least some of the time character's powers are switched around aren't they?
Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:24 am

Marvel has a watch spear?

Marvel and I should be best friends.
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Papas frías
Gimp

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:25 am

Caesar Flickerman wrote:
Gimp wrote:

Gimp, your words are captivating, do share.

I was born Ture, but an accident during a cattle stampede left me in a coma for 3 weeks and crippled for life. I nearly starved when my family was late with their weekly payments, my life-support went down when the hospital lost power during a thunderstorm (in fact I was technically dead for over a minute), and the wounds on my leg became infected.

But I lived.

Many see my leg brace as a disadvantage, my limp a sign of weakness... but those able to overcome adversity, those able to survive insurmountable odds.. we are anything but weak.
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:26 am

Carr wrote:
Ok, so assuming whoever showed us what Quinoa's packing can do so again today, I reiterate that it would be useful to use on those who had kills fail on them yesterday. Thoughts?

eta: that would be Cato and Marvel (ah-ha, so THAT'S where this hostility is coming from, huh?)

In addition to whoever revealed me, the Binoculars would be useful for this.
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:32 am

Gimp wrote:
Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Dangerously

My Grandmother hung me on a hook once. ONCE!
Back to top Go down
SweetIrony!
Papas frías
SweetIrony!

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:32 am

Holden wrote:
Marvel has a watch spear?

Marvel and I should be best friends.
Well, ok.
Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

Quinoa wrote:
Just got in from shortly after EOD. I am going back to catch up but I see some talk about where everyone is on this page. I wanted to mention something:

The move I submitted was to C2. I'm currently listed in B2. I prayed to the Gamemaker right after EOD but haven't received any response -- not even "Everything is as it's supposed to be".
So, I don't know if I was moved by some force or if it was a mistake.

Apologize if this is something that has been discussed but it seems like good info, if I was moved/redirected.

Have you checked your profile>assignment? The answers you seek may be there.
Back to top Go down
new bird
Papas frías
new bird

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:37 am

Cable, your electric gaze will not escape me... It is now your turn to reminisce and imagine.

1. How has watching the Hunger Games in the past prepared you for where you are today?

2. Lightning is to Thunder as Cable is to what?

3. If I asked you to bake me a pie, what would you fill the pie with?

Let's demonstrate to the other tributes how we put on a show, shall we Cable?
Back to top Go down
Foxface
Papas frías
Foxface

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:45 am

This game is messed and confusing. I like it.
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle Geek
Papas frías
Gargoyle Geek

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:46 am

Cable wrote:
Have you checked your profile>assignment? The answers you seek may be there.

Oh thanks. I didn't think to look in there.

Doesn't really clear anything up though.

I submitted to move to C2. In my results for today it says my move to B1 was blocked

Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:58 am

Caesar Flickerman wrote:
Cable, your electric gaze will not escape me... It is now your turn to reminisce and imagine.

1. How has watching the Hunger Games in the past prepared you for where you are today? My gaze is focused on the twist of metal, the delicacy of connections, the nimble and most accurate of all movements, and of course, the slightest of errors. I measure the distance that body parts have flown into the sky, and adjust accordingly. I am certain I will break a new record.

2. Lightning is to Thunder as Cable is to what?]Shattered, Hystrionic Souls

3. If I asked you to bake me a pie, what would you fill the pie with? a metamorph of illusion; it will taste as you wish.

Let's demonstrate to the other tributes how we put on a show, shall we Cable?
Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 1:05 am

Octave, my sweet, oh guarded one. You tried to lead me astray where you knew I could not go. Flowers are beautiful, but I have no need for them. I believe you know who guarded you. You are not long for this world.
Back to top Go down
new bird
Papas frías
new bird

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 1:12 am

Great answers so far, everyone! Truly stunning.

And speaking of stunning, Octave, I hope you can take a moment to answer a few questions for me.

1. You nearly left The Arena for good on the first day, what are you feeling? How will you savor your second chance at life among the Tributes?

2. Is there anyone back home you'd like to send a message to? Tell us about that person.

3. It's a hot summer day in District 3, what cool and yummy concoction lowers your body temperature in the sun?

Let's make this one a show they won't soon forget!
Back to top Go down
Dileo33
Papas frías
Dileo33

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 1:15 am

Thank you for your response Quinoa. My vote on you still stands as you messed with my girl, but I appreciate the candor.

Interesting that your movement was blocked and Holden also seems trapped in B2. Holden, were you blocked as well? Anyone else in B2 care to comment?
Back to top Go down
Poppycox88
Papas frías
Poppycox88

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 1:17 am

I wasn't blocked just forgot to move.
Back to top Go down
new bird
Papas frías
new bird

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 1:21 am

Neptune from District 4, it's your turn to swoop into the hearts of the sponsors.

1. You've been a victim on the first day in The Arena, how do you feel being poisoned will hurt your chances? Is this a game-ender for you?

2. District 4 is known for their high tides and ample bounty of water life, tell us how you would spend your days under the sea back home?

3. Concoct for us, if you will, a delectable piscine dessert. What goodies go best with grouper?

Capture the crowd as you put on a show for us, Neptune.
Back to top Go down
Spinal
Papas frías
Spinal

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 1:30 am

Caesar Flickerman wrote:
Clove, the darling from District 2, it is now your turn to WOW the spectators.

1. Tell me, if you could have brought anything into the arena with you, what would it be?

I pulled a major faux pas, and left my towel at home, so I would like that. Since a towel is about the most massively useful thing in the universe, and when I wash the blood of off me I would be able to dry myself.

Caesar Flickerman wrote:
2. If you are victorious and are able to return home, what will you do first?

There is no if, when I win I will dance on the graves of those that fell in the games, then visit their homes and give respect to their families.

Caesar Flickerman wrote:
3. If you could be any kind of frozen delight, what would you be and why?

Your words may align you with a sponsor or two, shall we put on a show?

I would be a Banana Split. The different types of ice cream and toppings are reflective of my different abilities, banana's because I love monkey's, and lastly because I love wet nuts on me.
Back to top Go down
new bird
Papas frías
new bird

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 1:38 am

Gimp wrote:
I was born Ture, but an accident during a cattle stampede left me in a coma for 3 weeks and crippled for life. I nearly starved when my family was late with their weekly payments, my life-support went down when the hospital lost power during a thunderstorm (in fact I was technically dead for over a minute), and the wounds on my leg became infected.

But I lived.

Many see my leg brace as a disadvantage, my limp a sign of weakness... but those able to overcome adversity, those able to survive insurmountable odds.. we are anything but weak.

You have brought me to tears dear Gimp, I do so hope you make it to the Victor's stage.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 1:44 am

Cable wrote:
Octave, my sweet, oh guarded one. You tried to lead me astray where you knew I could not go. Flowers are beautiful, but I have no need for them. I believe you know who guarded you. You are not long for this world.
Wow. Where did this come from? Such invective. Why do you have so much hate for me? You sound like someone who's been talking about me behind my back. Whoever else could you be talking to?

I never meant to lead you astray. When I mentioned the flowers I thought we could move diagonally. When I realized we couldn't, I felt like my next best choice was to head toward the water. A girl's gotta make plans to survive somehow. Even if you you and your friends in the alliance are gonna take another shot at me.
Back to top Go down
new bird
Papas frías
new bird

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 1:57 am

Cordelia of the sea, catch some flotsam and come see me for a turn. The sponsors are riveted with the game so far and it is now your turn to show us how to shine.

1. Little is known about the ways of District Four, please describe in great detail how it is you catch the fish for dinner.

2. There is a chance you could win the Hunger Games, but you have to choose to live your life in one of these ways. A) As a sea siren, always calling to the lonely ship captains for a ride home B) In a sort of half life where you are sometimes aware of your surroundings and other times in your own tortured world C) As a costumed lobster forever standing on the side of the road beckoning Capitolites to come sit down for a seafood bounty.

3. I adore candy of all kinds, if you could entice me with a piece, what would it taste like?

The show is in your hands now Cordelia from District four, put on a good one.

Back to top Go down
Katniss
Papas frías
Katniss

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 2:00 am

Caesar, I implore you to look my way. I am an intense fighter who will stop at nothing to ensure my sister does not starve. I need your endorsement.
Back to top Go down
s l i t h y
Papas frías
s l i t h y

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 2:00 am

Caesar Flickerman wrote:
Great answers so far, everyone! Truly stunning.

And speaking of stunning, Octave, I hope you can take a moment to answer a few questions for me.
1. You nearly left The Arena for good on the first day, what are you feeling? How will you savor your second chance at life among the Tributes?
I feel good. Well, as good as one can feel in these circumstances. I'm looking forward to getting a good night's rest tonight, for tomorrow I will be hunting down the alliance that took an ill-fated shot at me. Silly boys, will you never learn? I'm coming back at you with a vengeance. Starting with

!Cable

2. Is there anyone back home you'd like to send a message to? Tell us about that person.
My little brother, Olive. He's eleven. Next year will be his first year in the Reaping. I want him to know that I am coming home soon and he will never have to put his name in for tessarae.

3. It's a hot summer day in District 3, what cool and yummy concoction lowers your body temperature in the sun?
On hot summer days I try to find my way into a server room. They keep those areas nice and deliciously cool. I always bring with me a paper cup filled with ice shavings, and would drizzle some berry juice into it. Don't tell her I told you this, but my mother is not only a whiz with circuit boards, but she has a green thumb, and she always knows where to find the juiciest wild berries growing in our district. The purple ones are my favorites. That's why I wanted to go to the pretty purple flowers. They remind me of my mom.
Back to top Go down
new bird
Papas frías
new bird

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 2:01 am

Clove wrote:
I pulled a major faux pas, and left my towel at home, so I would like that. Since a towel is about the most massively useful thing in the universe, and when I wash the blood of off me I would be able to dry myself.

No towel, that is a predicament, perhaps one of the sponsors would be more than happy to send you one. . . or 42.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Day Two - The Sponsors   Day Two - The Sponsors - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Day Two - The Sponsors
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The 74th Annual Hunger Games :: The Hunger Games :: The Arena-
Jump to: