The 74th Annual Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 74th Annual Hunger Games

A place for Capitol Punishment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Day One - The Cornucopia

Go down 
+22
Amp
jennifer
Neptune
Gimp
forehead
ASKEWD
Ana
Dileo33
Rue
Foxface
SweetIrony!
Gargoyle Geek
Spinal
Katniss
Cable
Poppycox88
Poker
Albert B
Rush
kelly
weeba
bad_jon.
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Jennie
Papas frías
Jennie

Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:44 pm

My wishes align with those of the gamemakers.
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:00 pm

Separate threads might be better since I think this puppy is going to grow large in one thread.

I'm not adverse to either.

Just do what you gotta do.

Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:01 pm

So 3pm Central is 4 est?

Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:03 pm

Claire wrote:
So 3pm Central is 4 est?

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:16 pm

In answer to your direct questions:

Carr wrote:

So who is named?

no specific names, it says "the alliance" (quotes are my own). in my item description. Item: as long as you have this, you will be protected from the alliance.

Carr wrote:
And why is your power geared to stop them specifically?
my power is not geared to stop them, it's geared to protect me from them. Are you they? Am I on "your side" I don't know. Does this reveal that an "alliance" is the mafia? Do other people have the words "alliance" in their item description and aren't speaking up? Highly likely. Their goal is to survive.

Carr wrote:
And in another post you said there's no reason why you'd have to be kept safe, then why would you use it to save yourself from them in the first place
I assumed they are a team I need to protect myself from. How many are there in the alliance? I have no idea. I have no names, no numbers, just the words "the alliance" in my item description.

Carr wrote:
You need to start offering specifics of just what you're actually talking about because this feels like you realized you got caught revealing too much and are now just muddying the waters (for example, the information has now gone from your allegiance, to your "Description" to your Token/item listing).

I don't fear revealing too much, I've been more than forthcoming this entire game.
Back to top Go down
ASKEWD
Papas frías
ASKEWD

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:20 pm

Cato wrote:
My wishes align with those of the gamemakers.

I'm here to show the Capitol they don't own me. That I'm more than just a piece in their games.
Back to top Go down
ASKEWD
Papas frías
ASKEWD

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:23 pm

Arbor wrote:
I think separate threads for each day is a good idea.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
weeba
Papas frías
weeba

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:25 pm

#katniss
!claire
Back to top Go down
Ana
Papas frías
Ana

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:25 pm

My immediate thought on an alliance is the careers. They have a tendency to band together, being the strongest, and work together to take out all of the weaker tributes before turning on each other. But who's to say those of us from the weaker districts can't work together to eliminate the biggest threats? I'm worried about Cato. If he didn't start the game with some armor, he's bound to receive some from the gamemakers later on. Best to remove the biggest threat before he can become more of one.

!Cato
Back to top Go down
Ana
Papas frías
Ana

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:26 pm

And I agree that separate threads are probably a better idea.
Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:26 pm

Distirct 3, NO. Read.
Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:27 pm

yes to separate threads
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:34 pm

Glimmer wrote:
retraction katniss
vote for claire

Hey!

I wasn't about to pile onto you, but if you make this just about survival for the day, I'll gladly add to your numbers.

Back to top Go down
kelly
Gamemaker
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:38 pm

OFFICIAL TALLY, from me, Seneca Crane

3 - Glimmer (Katniss, Rue, Thresh)
3 - Claire (Octave, Quinoa, Glimmer)
2 - Holden (Aspen, Arbor)
2 - Cato (Gimp, Raile)
1 - Marvel (Holden)
1 - Thresh (Clove)
1 - Arbor (Carr)
1 - Cordelia (Foxface)
Back to top Go down
Amp
Papas frías
Amp

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:39 pm

Claudius Templesmith wrote:
We will pose this query to the masses with the understanding that your opinions may scarcely matter:

The Gamemakers originally intended to make each day a separate thread inside The Arena, with the day's results acting as the initial post in the new thread.

Would the Tributes prefer to the game to take place in one ceaseless thread, or is there no objection to following the wishes of The Capitol?

District 5 submits to the will of the Capitol.
Back to top Go down
weeba
Papas frías
weeba

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:43 pm

Claire wrote:
Glimmer wrote:
retraction katniss
vote for claire

Hey!

I wasn't about to pile onto you, but if you make this just about survival for the day, I'll gladly add to your numbers.

And I wasn't planning on piling on to you, but my katniss vote was useless.

#claire
!district 8 female

(who also is unnamed in the book)
Back to top Go down
Dileo33
Papas frías
Dileo33

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:46 pm

Raile wrote:
My immediate thought on an alliance is the careers.

But wouldn't that make it too easy to identify them and vote them off? I think the gamerunners are smarter than that.

Hoepefully we'll know soon enough how many factions/alliances we are dealing with.
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:46 pm

Wait, we still have people who haven't popped in and said "Hi"?

Back to top Go down
Ana
Papas frías
Ana

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:50 pm

Arbor wrote:
Raile wrote:
My immediate thought on an alliance is the careers.

But wouldn't that make it too easy to identify them and vote them off? I think the gamerunners are smarter than that.

Hoepefully we'll know soon enough how many factions/alliances we are dealing with.

Well, who knows how many alliances there are? Cable asserted that his assignment only mentioned one, but I had assumed there could be multiple ones. And remember that it's a game of survival. While people may team up for a bit, in the end it's every man (woman) for himself. While the careers may be "too obvious" it doesn't mean they're not our biggest threat anyway.
Back to top Go down
Ana
Papas frías
Ana

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:51 pm

Claire wrote:

Correct. We've still not heard from the female tribute from District 8. Which is fine, let her lie low and starve. She doesn't concern me.
Back to top Go down
Jennie
Papas frías
Jennie

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:52 pm

Raile wrote:
My immediate thought on an alliance is the careers. They have a tendency to band together, being the strongest, and work together to take out all of the weaker tributes before turning on each other. But who's to say those of us from the weaker districts can't work together to eliminate the biggest threats? I'm worried about Cato. If he didn't start the game with some armor, he's bound to receive some from the gamemakers later on. Best to remove the biggest threat before he can become more of one.

Your reasoning is flawed but I cannot think you so ignorant that you diminish the time put into the game. To say that the gamemakers aligned the careers prior to today is to say they wish this game to be swift and unbalanced. If this were a game of wit I'm sure you would be at a disadvantage.
Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:54 pm

Octave wrote:

Gettin' by. Trying to figure out which way to head tonight. Thinkin' about checkin' out the pretty purple flowers.

You can't. U,D,R,L. I hope I don't turn out to be e, tu brute?, but I'll be there regardless.
Back to top Go down
ASKEWD
Papas frías
ASKEWD

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:55 pm

Raile wrote:
Claire wrote:

Correct. We've still not heard from the female tribute from District 8. Which is fine, let her lie low and starve. She doesn't concern me.

Is she the only tribute unnamed in the books?
Back to top Go down
Ana
Papas frías
Ana

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:56 pm

Cato wrote:
Your reasoning is flawed but I cannot think you so ignorant that you diminish the time put into the game. To say that the gamemakers aligned the careers prior to today is to say they wish this game to be swift and unbalanced. If this were a game of wit I'm sure you would be at a disadvantage.

Or maybe that it's just that I don't like or trust you?
Back to top Go down
Ana
Papas frías
Ana

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:58 pm

Peeta wrote:
Is she the only tribute unnamed in the books?

No, there are plenty that are unnamed. Me, for instance. Mr. Templesmith has created names for those who were previously unnamed, related to their districts' specialties (as most of the names in the books tend to be).
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:58 pm

I have to vote and run in a few minutes. Will miss EOD I'm afraid.

!Neptune
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:02 pm

I check, thinking EOD is at 3, and look oh look what I find here.

A vote and run AT ME?

Oh, Claire.

I won't be saving the cheerleader.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:02 pm

Also relevant. WWF won't accept EOD. What is wrong with that program?
Back to top Go down
Poker
La Araña Discoteca
La Araña Discoteca
Poker

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:03 pm

THAT pulls you out of the woodwork?

At least it was for something.

Also, it's ONE VOTE Neptune. Chill out.

Back to top Go down
forehead
Papas frías
forehead

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:06 pm

Neptune wrote:
Also relevant. WWF won't accept EOD. What is wrong with that program?

It wouldn't except "ok", now that's fucked up!
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:07 pm

Claire wrote:
THAT pulls you out of the woodwork?

At least it was for something.

Also, it's ONE VOTE Neptune. Chill out.

I'm chill. Cool. Wet, even.

(I seriously thought EOD was 3 and didn't want to be inactive)

Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:08 pm

Anyone else heading up to A2?
Back to top Go down
bad_jon.
Gamemaker
bad_jon.

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:24 pm

Quinoa wrote:
We'll say we want to follow the wishes of the Gamemaker, but we'll keep posting here.

You will try.
Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:27 pm

Raile wrote:
[
Well, who knows how many alliances there are? Cable asserted that his assignment only mentioned one

don't assume my assignment only mentioned one. I was trying to keep within the spirit of the game by not direct quoting. Just think of the plural of penis. no alliance...

Last edited by Cable on Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
weeba
Papas frías
weeba

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:28 pm

My assignment didn't mention anything about alliances, just my items.
Back to top Go down
SweetIrony!
Papas frías
SweetIrony!

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:30 pm

Cable wrote:
I am a tribute, but alliance members are mentioned in my description.
By district? By name? Do you know who they are?
Back to top Go down
SweetIrony!
Papas frías
SweetIrony!

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:31 pm

Glimmer wrote:
I can tell you that I have nothing special by being from District one.
How do you know if it's special? Do you know what others have?
Back to top Go down
Cable
Papas frías
Cable

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:32 pm

Marvel wrote:
Cable wrote:
I am a tribute, but alliance members are mentioned in my description.
By district? By name? Do you know who they are?

you're going to need to keep reading, I don't rewind. Short answer, No names, no numbers, no nothing. There are most likely more than one group. The wording is vague as to how many there are.
Back to top Go down
weeba
Papas frías
weeba

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:34 pm

Marvel wrote:
Glimmer wrote:
I can tell you that I have nothing special by being from District one.
How do you know if it's special? Do you know what others have?

No, I'm just commenting that someone mentioned the careers (of which in the books both of us are) getting extra stuff due to our district. I was saying that in my description, there are no comments about any bonus.

They want to lynch me based on me being in District 1. You are too; so I would hope you'd help look after me. afro
Back to top Go down
Ana
Papas frías
Ana

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:35 pm

Cable wrote:
you're going to need to keep reading, I don't rewind. Short answer, No names, no numbers, no nothing. There are most likely more than one group. The wording is vague as to how many there are.

Ok, this makes more sense to me. I would have been surprised if there were only one.

Either way, no matter how many there are, I'd rather steer clear of all of them.
Back to top Go down
Jennie
Papas frías
Jennie

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:37 pm

!Arbor

I find that Carr has been very insightful thus far and wish to align myself with his choice.
Back to top Go down
Neptune
Papas frías
Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:45 pm

I haven't read the last few pages, but I like Cato's reasoning.

Besides, if Carr is in anyway related to John Carr, I'm not messing with him.

!Arbor

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Day One - The Cornucopia   Day One - The Cornucopia - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Day One - The Cornucopia
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The 74th Annual Hunger Games :: The Hunger Games :: The Arena-
Jump to: